Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Question for Mexican and PR fight fans. Will Mexico/Pr get behind a 168-175 Champion?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question for Mexican and PR fight fans. Will Mexico/Pr get behind a 168-175 Champion?

I know historically Mexican and PR fighters and fight fans are more interested in 130-147 because more of your champions fight there.

I am wondering will you guys watch a Mexican or PR Champion at say 168-175 with as much interest? Does it matter?
    How do you guys think it will effect marketability.

Can a 6'3 LHW Purto Rican fighter be marketed as easily as a 147 WW PR champion?

Off Topic
    Gilberto Ramirez Sanchez is a 6'3 MW-SMW Prospect. What you guys think of him?

Thanks for your times.

No I hate Mexicans as soon as I found out they are 1 pound over 154.

Comment

Originally posted by I'm so sorry View Post
      No I hate Mexicans as soon as I found out they are 1 pound over 154.
      Chris Arreola... HELLOOOO?

Comment

Originally posted by Deathknight88 View Post
        I know historically Mexican and PR fighters and fight fans are more interested in 130-147 because more of your champions fight there.

I am wondering will you guys watch a Mexican or PR Champion at say 168-175 with as much interest? Does it matter?
        How do you guys think it will effect marketability.

Can a 6'3 LHW Purto Rican fighter be marketed as easily as a 147 WW PR champion?

Off Topic
        Gilberto Ramirez Sanchez is a 6'3 MW-SMW Prospect. What you guys think of him?

Thanks for your times.
        Very tall for a middleweight with a decent record 24-0 (19kos) but vs stiffs. He's only 21 yrs old.
        Might bring something to the table in the future by stepping up his level of opposition.

Comment

Originally posted by damit305 View Post
          Chris Arreola... HELLOOOO?
          Arreola is a blown up middleweight so he doesn't count.

Comment

Originally posted by La_Vibora View Post
            Arreola is a blown up middleweight so he doesn't count.
            Actually a freakishly tall ballooned welterweight. Get it right.

Comment

Arreola would been a great LHW which he was in the amatuers.

Comment

I don't support the higher weight divisions for Mexicans, really. All the action is at the lower weights. The styles in the higher weight divisions are different and Mexicans are not used to whatever that style is. So to answer your question, no, I don't support these Mexican mutant freaks of nature, who are taller than 5'9" and weigh more than 154 lb.

Comment

This feels like a Chavez Jr topic incognito.

He's the only big Mexican. He's considered a freak in Mexico. A giant, even.

People in Mexico think he walks in slow motion because he's so big in comparison to the rest of the population

Comment

chavez could be at any weight and he will have the people behind him.

Comment

Working...
                    X