Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is the Strikeforce GP Final ever happening?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is the Strikeforce GP Final ever happening?

I know that Cormier suffered a broken hand in the semis, but still, it's been 5/6 months since then and they haven't even scheduled the final.

It really sucks how quickly Zuffa have just killed the entire organisation. They've taken so many of the best fighters that on their last card, they had to have Keith Jardine in the main event.

I also read that they've signed Nate Marquart, so it's clear what a load of BS their stance on his behaviour was.

Even though Strikeforce never had as much talent as the UFC, they managed to put on some real good events and didn't have many boring lay and pray or wall and stall types. I haven't seen official statistics to back this up, but I'm pretty sure they had a lot more fights finish inside the distance as well.

Its not that sad. Strikeforce didn't have that many good fighters. it was just division II UFC to me.

UFC buying PRIDE.... now that was sad.

Comment

As I already stated in my post, I liked it because it had guys who put on exciting fights and looked to finish, rather than more talented guys who liked to win boring decisions.

But I can understand why a GSP fan like yourself would disagree.

Comment

Originally posted by Clegg View Post
        As I already stated in my post, I liked it because it had guys who put on exciting fights and looked to finish, rather than more talented guys who liked to win boring decisions.

But I can understand why a GSP fan like yourself would disagree.
        yeah cuz you can't watch any of those guys fight any more, oh wait....

Its not like when PRIDE was bought out, the whole PRIDE rules with top level talent. Great fighters being pushed to fight and use their skill. Thats still a missing element to this day.

and yes I'm a GSP fan but I'm not a ****** zombie that just thoughtlessly follows him and everything he does. I do think he needs to be a little more aggressive and finish his fights more. Not that he doesn't attempt to, but he needs to layoff the strategy a little.

Comment

Of course it's not as big a deal as Pride, but it's still a shame imo.

And while it's true that the guys who left Strikeforce are still active, I don't think the UFC as a whole has been anymore entertaining since the takeover, whereas Strikeforce has gone downhill quickly.

Comment

Strikeforce had some of the craziest comebacks and slugfests ever. Diaz vs Daley, Hendo vs Fedor, Manhoef vs Lawler, Mo vs Feijao etc. I rewatch these fights all the time.

For Cormier and Barnett, apparently Cormier's hand injury was that severe. The fight is gonna happen after which Zuffa closes the SF heavyweight devision I believe.

Comment

Of course it's not as big a deal as Pride, but it's still a shame imo.

And while it's true that the guys who left Strikeforce are still active, I don't think the UFC as a whole has been anymore entertaining since the takeover, whereas Strikeforce has gone downhill quickly.
              Hendo-Shogun
              Diaz-Penn

Both were really entertaining fights and both happened because of the UFC takeover.

Comment

I know that Cormier suffered a broken hand in the semis, but still, it's been 5/6 months since then and they haven't even scheduled the final.

It really sucks how quickly Zuffa have just killed the entire organisation. They've taken so many of the best fighters that on their last card, they had to have Keith Jardine in the main event.

I also read that they've signed Nate Marquart, so it's clear what a load of BS their stance on his behaviour was.

Even though Strikeforce never had as much talent as the UFC, they managed to put on some real good events and didn't have many boring lay and pray or wall and stall types. I haven't seen official statistics to back this up, but I'm pretty sure they had a lot more fights finish inside the distance as well.
                I think overall Strikeforce was/is good for MMA too. The Showtime deal was great for Americans.

Comment

Working...
                X