No announcement yet.

Is celebrity boxing the future?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is celebrity boxing the future?

The way i see it i much rather have that and stick to MMA for real sports than what we have today. It doesn't even seem to matter if you win or lose as long as you have a few thousand minimum wage poor souls spending what they don't have to watch their favorite fighter beat up someone in a contest which doesn't mean anything in the competitive stand of things. If i have to endure that i much rather have the people who participate in these shows to be REALLY famous. It's funny people talk **** about Mayweather and his first fight with Castillo which was close because Floyd had his hand hurt. He gave Castillo his rematch and squashed all doubt. Today people are LOSING fights and not wanting rematches, moving along with their careers as if NOTHING HAPPENED (Cotto losing to Trout, Pacquiao losing to Bradley). So ignorance moves boxing today. The good news is, it will comeback to bite these promoters and fighters in the butt and if they can't see how now, then there's no hope. Thoughts?

Most (not all) boxers today are doing it for the money and not necessarily to be seen as the best boxer, so take the easiest fight with the most money, If you get beat move on cos the last thing you want is to be in a tough fight.

Comment

Originally posted by rampant View Post
      Most (not all) boxers today are doing it for the money and not necessarily to be seen as the best boxer, so take the easiest fight with the most money, If you get beat move on cos the last thing you want is to be in a tough fight.
      Exactly and it's quite sad to be honest. The champion used to be the baddest guy around now it seems like a select circus operation where the champ isn't the best by any means, he picks worst fighters to become his opposition and they take turns, like a closed circuit. I don't think neither Pacquiao, Cotto, Mayweather, Alvarez, Chavez Jr or even Martinez (Martinez, Pacquiao and Mayweather for old age and tear) should be at the top of the sport anymore. A few guys make me still watch the Sport. I think Broner is the real thing but he's a rare case where effectiveness in the ring combines with a loud mouth which is necessary to get big fights. Broner without the big mouth and KO power = Bradley and I do feel sorry for Bradley.

Comment

Originally posted by Allucard View Post
        Exactly and it's quite sad to be honest. The champion used to be the baddest guy around now it seems like a select circus operation where the champ isn't the best by any means, he picks worst fighters to become his opposition and they take turns, like a closed circuit. I don't think neither Pacquiao, Cotto, Mayweather, Alvarez, Chavez Jr or even Martinez (Martinez, Pacquiao and Mayweather for old age and tear) should be at the top of the sport anymore. A few guys make me still watch the Sport. I think Broner is the real thing but he's a rare case where effectiveness in the ring combines with a loud mouth which is necessary to get big fights. Broner without the big mouth and KO power = Bradley and I do feel sorry for Bradley.
        Its about time champs were made defend against each other, top man v top man aswell as satisfying mandatories, they need to be busier and start being boxers not business men, of course the money comes with the glory, but more importantly as a sportsperson surely you want to prove your the best.

Big mouth does seem to equal bigger fights, I think Bradley is avoided because he's a tough son of *****.

Guy with the hugest cojones is Carl Froch.

Comment

Wasn't Drake supposed to fight Chris Brown

Comment

I think you're right on. This sport is a joke and it's getting worse and worse as time goes on. A completely unregulated mess, with a bunch of corrupt, money hungry people who are whoring out the sport for every cent they can get.

The big fights should make the money, the money shouldn't make the fights.

Comment

Working...
            X