No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Hylon Williams Talks Barthelemy Loss, Eyes 3/23 Return

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Hylon Williams Talks Barthelemy Loss, Eyes 3/23 Return

Super featherweight contender Hylon Williams Jr. (15-1, 3KOs) spoke to BoxingScene.com about Friday's eight round decision loss to Rance Barthelemy (15-0, 11KOs). It was the first loss in Williams' pro career. ESPN's Friday Night Fights televised the contest.

[Click Here To Read More]

it was a good scrap, i really liked the way rances fought firs time i see him fight , i like his style

Comment

don't agree w/ needing 2 box on the outside more...he was having a terrible time w/the Cubans ht/reach, but, IMO, his biggest problem was NO power, couldn't keep the Cuban off hi and this will b a problem going forward.

Comment

I was at the fight. I was there in support of Barthelemy. Rances won, but I'm not sure how far he'll go. Barthelemy was busy and he gave different looks, but his punches didn't have much snap. Rances showboated a little too much for my taste, and he left his chin hanging out too far on the end of that long neck. I wasn't overly impressed. We'll see; he's still a very young fighter.

I spoke to one of Williams's corner-men after the fight. I commented that it seemed Hylon got gassed late in the fight. He said that Williams's conditioning was good, but he was simply succumbing to Barthelemy's punishment. I like Hylon more all the time. He's a good kid. He didn't make excuses and gave credit where it's due. I wish him the best in his career.

Comment

Out of the Barthelemy squad Rances looks the most promising.

Comment

Originally posted by damit305 View Post
            Out of the Barthelemy squad Rances looks the most promising.
            Rances is only 25 years old. He's listed at 5'11" and fights at 130. His older brother, Yan, has been a bust as a pro. The elder Barthelemy already has three losses in only fifteen fights. What a disappointment.

Comment

Working...
            X