Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The one thing that genuinely impressed me about Broner last night...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DempseyRollin View Post
    It seems ppl dont realize this. He get hit but rarely is it clean.
    how do you define clean. i just had my laser operation 2 months ago and those shots from reese were clean shots. lol

Comment

Can't wait to see the rematch.

Comment

To be honest, Broner probably get's his less than Mayweather did when he was 23.

Obviously Mayweather fought a lot better fighters so that's probably the reason why.

It only really Baldomir and onwards where Mayweather barely got his at all in a fight.

And you can really tell the people who only started following Boxing during that time, which I think is why Mayweather has so many haters Baldomir and Oscar, probably his 2 dullest fights back to back whilst also being the time where he was at his hottest to a casual audience But that's just a theory.

Comment

Originally posted by DempseyRollin View Post
          He gets hit a lot in comparison to who? Floyd? Who else? I'll wait. I'm tired of hearing this. He gets hit rarely cleanly and he still shows great poise and focus.
          This is what I'm saying. I want to know who doesn't get hit in a fight beside Floyd. And it's obvious he has been goIng for the KO in his fights. He is still building his name and people want to see knockouts. This is my concern for broner though. I think he may always be compared to Floyd.

Comment

This reminds me of Mayweather-Ortiz round 4 where people thought Ortiz was coming on, the only decent punch Ortiz landed was a right hook which prompt Mayweather to back into the ropes, and guess what, Mayweather rolled with that punch as well. Broner is rolling with the punches, some of the punches are half blocked, rarely do you see his head snap back, the only punch he's shown susceptibility to is the jab which is normal.

I didn't want to mention this because it's common sense, but I see many don't have that on here, also it hasn't been mentioned, when someone of Rees' height is able to get inside against a taller fighter, it's hard to tell when the overhand right is coming, Rees did this against Broner but even then he was only able to land a few, which again Broner rolled. Whatever Rees displayed that night, that doesn't tell me anything about how Matthysse, Rios or Garcia would do against him.

Comment

Originally posted by SkillspayBills View Post
              No hovering sucka hop in the thread...

Was his ability to adjust. In the first two rounds he fought Rees in the middle of the ring. He blocked, parried, and rolled most of the shots but a few landed during their various exchanges. However in the third round he ADJUSTED by doing something that seems pretty simple but took a high ring IQ and a calm head to do....he took one step back. Now Rees (who's handspeed was pretty damn good I must say) who was able to punch WITH Adrien and throw combinatons to land some of his own shots in the first two rounds, had to reach to land anything. Once he reached he got hit with hard counters. Once he got his with hard counters he could no longer throw combintions. Once he was no longer able to throw combinations he was broken down by Adrien's power and drowned. Watch from the 2nd to the start of the 3rd and you will see exactly what I mean. Masterful stuff.
              Grand observation Skills mah homie. Not only the slight step back to draw him in but the stiff arm to steady and time the upperbody movement of Rees. Mid-round adjustment with NO corner help. Very impressed with Broner's ring IQ.

Comment

Originally posted by SkillspayBills View Post
                No hovering sucka hop in the thread...

Was his ability to adjust. In the first two rounds he fought Rees in the middle of the ring. He blocked, parried, and rolled most of the shots but a few landed during their various exchanges. However in the third round he ADJUSTED by doing something that seems pretty simple but took a high ring IQ and a calm head to do....he took one step back. Now Rees (who's handspeed was pretty damn good I must say) who was able to punch WITH Adrien and throw combinatons to land some of his own shots in the first two rounds, had to reach to land anything. Once he reached he got hit with hard counters. Once he got his with hard counters he could no longer throw combintions. Once he was no longer able to throw combinations he was broken down by Adrien's power and drowned. Watch from the 2nd to the start of the 3rd and you will see exactly what I mean. Masterful stuff.

i was going to hover, but was compelled to enter the thread by an unseen and powerful force.

i think he had some issues with rees height, if that makes any sense. it's an advantage to be tall, but it's still going to be odd initially when you fight a guy so short. he was at a disadvantage, was rees, but it still took broner off guard.

he figured out how to use his height and be effective against a guy who was that short, essentially. that was his adjustment.

Comment

Originally posted by jri9d0 View Post
                  To add, he threw his punches with much more intention/conviction. The man didn't fight like a computer fighter unlike another certain P4P....
                  This. Im not a big Bronner fan (yet) but his attitude is just really off putting . If it wasn't the the amount of skill and the thought that we could be watching a future star . His fight style doesn't make it boring like pbf but shows a somewhat willingness to exchange. But that could change if he fights a monster puncher

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
                    To be honest, Broner probably get's his less than Mayweather did when he was 23.

Obviously Mayweather fought a lot better fighters so that's probably the reason why.

It only really Baldomir and onwards where Mayweather barely got his at all in a fight.

And you can really tell the people who only started following Boxing during that time, which I think is why Mayweather has so many haters Baldomir and Oscar, probably his 2 dullest fights back to back whilst also being the time where he was at his hottest to a casual audience But that's just a theory.
                    Yeah, that would explain it. And I think we'll see Broner get hit a lot when he gets in the ring with better fighters. Average fighters are tagging him more than they should, and its something to keep in mind when his opposition improves.

Comment

Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
                      Yeah, that would explain it. And I think we'll see Broner get hit a lot when he gets in the ring with better fighters. Average fighters are tagging him more than they should, and its something to keep in mind when his opposition improves.
                      Naw its not that either. He fights nothing like Floyd did at 23. Broner actually fights like a past prime Floyd.

Comment

Working...
                      X