No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Miguel Vazquez Views Haymon is Path To The Big Fights

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Miguel Vazquez Views Haymon is Path To The Big Fights

During the last week of June, IBF lightweight champion Miguel Vazquez (34-3, 13KOs) signed a contract with manager/adviser Al Haymon, who handles the careers of at least 40 other fighters.

Haymon has been busy in 2014, signing up an army of fighters to his already beefed up stable. Some of his 2014 acquisitions include Adonis Stevenson, Amir Khan, Rances Barthelemy, Roberto Garcia, Andrew Fonfara, Abner Mares, Chad Dawson and several others.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Vasquez might get bigger paychecks and fight on the undercards of big fights, but until he changes that horrible style of his, he isn't getting any attention or love from the Mexican fans.

Comment

Really now? This dude is soon boring he can get over 100 positive comments! Only 1 response before me?

Oh yeah this is gonna be a great card! Thanks Al your the best advisor ever!

Comment

Originally posted by manoamano View Post
        Really now? This dude is soon boring he can get over 100 positive comments! Only 1 response before me?

Oh yeah this is gonna be a great card! Thanks Al your the best advisor ever!
        I was thinking the same thing lol. Mexicans not even supporting him. Unless he beats bey since he's Tmt and evil

Comment

Hopefully Vasquez moves up to 140 and fights Lamont Peterson after he schools Bey. WAR VASQUEZ

Comment

I'm a fan of Vazquez, people exaggerate his "boring" style, he's a good technician and brings skills to Mexican boxing. Which is pretty funny considering he works with Margarito's former trainer. The reason he doesn't have a lot of support yet is because he hasn't been in there with a marquee and well known name yet (nobody saw the Bradley and Canelo fights as they were all unknown). Precott and Gesta were decent wins but he needs to match up with the likes of Terrance Crawford to be the man at 135 or move up to 140 and challenge big names there.

Comment

Originally posted by _original_ View Post
              I'm a fan of Vazquez, people exaggerate his "boring" style, he's a good technician and brings skills to Mexican boxing. The reason he doesn't have a lot of support yet is because he hasn't been in there with a marquee and well known name yet (nobody saw the Bradley and Canelo fights as they were all unknown). Precott and Gesta were decent wins but he needs to match up with the likes of Terrance Crawford or move up to 140 and challenge big names.

Exactly, you can only go so far being under Zanfer Promotions.

This is his last fight with Zanfer and he just signed with Haymon, Vasquez's future is looking good

Peterson and Vasquez are both IBF champs and under Haymon, that fight shouldn't be hard to make.

Comment

Didn't he sign his contract at a mcdonalds?

Comment

Originally posted by UTEP View Post
                  Exactly, you can only go so far being under Zanfer Promotions.

This is his last fight with Zanfer and he just signed with Haymon, Vasquez's future is looking good

Peterson and Vasquez are both IBF champs and under Haymon, that fight shouldn't be hard to make.
                  True, he's fighting Bey on a big PPV card then he'll probably be matched up with bigger names (Peterson like you mentioned) from there on out after he schools Bey. People were saying that Al Haymon only signed him to give the title to Bey which I think is nonsense, if anything Bey (who's mediocre at best) is being fed to Vazquez who has much more potential and Haymon surely knows this.

Comment

Originally posted by _original_ View Post
                    True, he's fighting Bey on a big PPV card then he'll probably be matched up with bigger names (Peterson like you mentioned) from there on out after he schools Bey. People were saying that Al Haymon only signed him to give the title to Bey which I think is nonsense, if anything Bey (who's mediocre at best) is being fed to Vazquez who has much more potential and Haymon surely knows this.

Yea i don't know were all that "Haymon signed Vasquez just to rob him" bull crap came from. Bey isn't even good enough to make it close for a robbery anyway, lol. Dude is a C level fighter.
                    Last edited by UTEP; 08-24-2014, 08:42 PM.

Comment

Working...
                    X