No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Froch vs. Groves Approved By IBF For November 23

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Froch vs. Groves Approved By IBF For November 23

The Super middleweight division remains one of boxing's most compelling draws and the 168lbers should continue to excite over the coming boxing season, both in Europe and the U.S.A. Andre Ward, the division's consensus ruler, is the WBA’s Super World Champion yet his former foe Carl Froch, the WBA’s unified titlist, is cleaning out the division in a bid to secure a rematch with the man who handed him a decision defeat in December 2011. To this end, Froch, 31-2 (22), has moved to underline the domestic and European dominance he obtained by out-pointing Mikkel Kessler in May by offering London's George Groves, 19-0 (15), a world title shot, which will take place on here in the U.K. on November 23.

[Click Here To Read More]

Easy work for the Cobra.

Comment

Hope it's not a sky box office fight. That would be disappointing. I like Groves but he'll get eaten alive by an angry Froch. Groves hasn't fought anyone in the top 5. He's been fed bums recently to keep him busy, and now he has a title shot?

Comment

Shame the IBF ordered the fight for 2013; it'd have been a HUGE PPV event if Groves had come to the table with a belt.

Comment

Originally posted by Cunning View Post
          Hope it's not a sky box office fight. That would be disappointing. I like Groves but he'll get eaten alive by an angry Froch. Groves hasn't fought anyone in the top 5. He's been fed bums recently to keep him busy, and now he has a title shot?
          Nope, it's not PPV.

Comment

Originally posted by Cunning View Post
            I hope not but Groves DeGale made it to PPV so i wouldn't bet against it

Comment

I can see Groves pulling off the victory here. He has progressed a lot since the alleged knockdown in sparring. Froch is slow and getting on a bit, Groves is very fast and packs a wallop. Could be perfect timing by Mr Booth!

Comment

It's an intriguing fight. Two great fighters. Two great trainers.

Groves is the wrong kind of fighter for Froch. He has great speed and footwork is sublime. He also throws hooks which won't test Froch's chin, but his punch resistance around the temple area (where Taylor caught Froch).

And Froch could be the wrong kind of fighter for Groves...he is like a super version of Kenny Anderson.

Great great fight.

Comment

Easy fight for Groves
                  Easy UD
                  Over hyped turtle speed will be exposed.

Comment

Good fight, not a bad year for boxing

Comment

Working...
                    X