Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Carl Frampton: I Proved My Chin, I Want a World Title!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Carl Frampton: I Proved My Chin, I Want a World Title!

Carl Frampton won the European super-bantamweight title with a stunning ninth round knockout victory over Kiko Martinez. The Spaniard's credentials could not be challenged, being a three-time champion, and as predicted he gave the 'Jackal' the toughest workout of his 16-fight career.

But this was Frampton's 'coming-out' party and he announced arrival in spectacular fashion, Martinez walking on to a short right-hand that dropped him for the first time in the fight. And it proved to be the last blow of the night as the brave Martinez clambered to his feet, only to sway into the ropes leaving the referee little choice but to wave it off.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Would love to see him fight Quigg his main domestic rival before going for a world title but we all know Quigg is learning from his promoter Ricky "the ducker" Hatton on how to duck your main domestic rival. So I don't blame Carl for targeting a world title.

Comment

Does anybody know who Quigg's next opponent is likely to be? And what's happening with Hatton Promotions TV wise? Boxnation? Channel 5?

Comment

Originally posted by Ray* View Post
        Would love to see him fight Quigg his main domestic rival before going for a world title but we all know Quigg is learning from his promoter Ricky "the ducker" Hatton on how to duck your main domestic rival. So I don't blame Carl for targeting a world title.
        Your out of your damn mind.

Quigg is the only one who wants the fight, and has fought much better opposition to boot.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Ehrmantraut View Post
          Your out of your damn mind.

Quigg is the only one who wants the fight, and has fought much better opposition to boot.
          When they had that discussion live on air, it seemed like Frampton was the only one wanting the fight.

Comment

Originally posted by Ray* View Post
            Quigg has ko'd the man who beat Martinez twice and fought for a World title against one of the better fighters in the division. How is facing a higher caliber of opposition, "ducking" someone?

Comment

Originally posted by right hand jab View Post
              Quigg has ko'd the man who beat Martinez twice and fought for a World title against one of the better fighters in the division. How is facing a higher caliber of opposition, "ducking" someone?
              Munroe was on the downside of his career so you can't give him too much credit. it's like someone beating Shane Mosley today.

Comment

Great performance from Carl last night. Whom of the champions would Carl beat. THey were talking about bring the WBC over...... I can't see Mares coming over or fighting him soon. Would be way to much for him anyways at this time

Comment

Comment

Frampton and Quigg are gonna have to wait for Donaire/Rigo to handle their business first.

Comment

Working...
                    X