Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Apple files patent for ‘disappearing iPhone’ where camera, flash and screen vanish

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Guaranteed to be damn expensive when it breaks. Apple already have a lot of issues with the 5 not connecting on phone calls...

Comment

They'll introduce this new technology and then sue anyone whose screen has a power save mode.

Comment

Originally posted by DTMB View Post
        Completely agree and hes one of the sharpest comedians out right now.

Comment

Originally posted by PACnPBFsuck View Post
          It's pointless on any device
          Aesthetic considerations are a point unto themselves. Not everyone likes to be ugly, and carry around ugly devices.

Comment

Originally posted by !! Shawn View Post
            Aesthetic considerations are a point unto themselves. Not everyone likes to be ugly, and carry around ugly devices.
            What is ugly about a camera lens and flash? I guess the Nokia 3310 should come back.

Comment

Originally posted by Saracen View Post
              What is ugly about a camera lens and flash? I guess the Nokia 3310 should come back.
              Modern design trends are towards minimalism. This is a patent aimed towards furthering the design goals of minimalism. Phone back with no silly hole for the camera lens or flash would be much more aesthetically pleasing from a minimalistic design perspective.

Comment

huh????????

Comment

Modern design trends are towards minimalism. This is a patent aimed towards furthering the design goals of minimalism. Phone back with no silly hole for the camera lens or flash would be much more aesthetically pleasing from a minimalistic design perspective.
                  So is it going to be like a digital camera where something slides over the lens huh? Been done.

Now unless it is instant, and not faulty, then there is no real purpose to it. Aesthetics are important to people to a certain extent, but phones are not cars, people do not simply pick a phone for it's looks alone, and I have never heard of anyone not wanting to go for a phone because it has a camera. True minimalism would be going back to a retro phone. An attempt to hide things once not in use is actually an over complication. The 5 already has calling failed issues like the 4, let alone with a design that sounds like a design that it will just add to something else that can go wrong.

This is minimalism. Simple.

Comment

What hole are you talking about?

The headphone jack or the lightning port? if you see any other holes, let me know.

I know plenty of people who have Iphone, they're last complain is that the camera and flash need to be covered up.

Comment

By the time this feature shows up in an iphone, Samsung would have come up with invisible phones.
                      Last edited by sigrab; 10-14-2012, 11:52 AM.

Comment

Working...
                      X