Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ricky burns wants broner after december defense video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qMBQwsx1VNE

what do you guys make of it?

Burns and his team will need to realize that Broner isn't going to the UK, and if Burns wants to get on the world level, he has to come to America like Hatton and Froch did.

Broner-Burns in Atlantic City, a big Lightweight unification and possibly for the RING title, would be a very big fight.

Comment

Now he is ready to fight Broner?

Because lets be honest and I know his fans will hate to admit it but...HE DUCKED BRONER AT 130!

Comment

I like that fight. I'd like to see Broner beat DeMarco, Burns and Vasquez before going to 140

Comment

Originally posted by PBP View Post
          I like that fight. I'd like to see Broner beat DeMarco, Burns and Vasquez before going to 140
          I got a feeling after Gamboa gets a warm up fight at 135 first, he's going after Vazquez. Could be wrong though.

I'd like to see Broner beat DeMarco, Burns or Bogere/Abril, and than Gamboa or Vazquez, and than go up to 140.

Comment

Originally posted by 4Corners View Post
            Burns and his team will need to realize that Broner isn't going to the UK, and if Burns wants to get on the world level, he has to come to America like Hatton and Froch did.

Broner-Burns in Atlantic City, a big Lightweight unification and possibly for the RING title, would be a very big fight.
            Froch didnt become a big star here and Hatton was already a huge star before coming here

Comment

I think burns loses this one >.<

Comment

Originally posted by Russian Crushin View Post
                Froch didnt become a big star here and Hatton was already a huge star before coming here
                Hatton got Tszyu to go to England, which put him at the world level. He got a bigger American following when he came here to fight Collazo. Burns is never going to be world level unless he comes here and fights fighters in America, because I highly doubt he's going to get anyone over to the UK.

Froch got Pascal to go to the UK. But he came over to fight Taylor, Johnson, and Ward.

That's all I'm saying is that Burns can be big in the UK and has a big following there, but if he wants to fight most of the elite around 135-140 eventually, he has to come to America.

Comment

Hatton got Tszyu to go to England, which put him at the world level. He got a bigger American following when he came here to fight Collazo. Burns is never going to be world level unless he comes here and fights fighters in America, because I highly doubt he's going to get anyone over to the UK.

Froch got Pascal to go to the UK. But he came over to fight Taylor, Johnson, and Ward.

That's all I'm saying is that Burns can be big in the UK and has a big following there, but if he wants to fight most of the elite around 135-140 eventually, he has to come to America.
                  Disagree with this really. I can't see HBO picking up Burns, regardless.

So I don't really see what the point is in him going to America and initially accepting purses which would likely be smaller than the ones he is picking up at home.

Also Burns has overachieved hugely from what nearly everyone thought was possible.

Comment

I got a feeling after Gamboa gets a warm up fight at 135 first, he's going after Vazquez. Could be wrong though.

I'd like to see Broner beat DeMarco, Burns or Bogere/Abril, and than Gamboa or Vazquez, and than go up to 140.
                    take out bogere/abril thats jus a fight us hardcore boxing fans wanna see that one wont happen

demarco is already #1 ranked in his division by espn

i wanna see him beat demarco then ricky burns be4 going up to 140 he hasnt acknowladged miguel vasquez so i dont think we will see that one either

Comment

Working...
                    X