Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anthony Joshua is the successor of the Heavyweight division after the Klitschko's

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Russian Crushin View Post
    No, David Price will
    Yep more skilled more proven although Joshua is unreal for a lad that wasn't even boxing till after the Beijing Olympicss

Comment

I was not impressed with Anthony Joshuas performance in the Olympics. He definitley lost his first fight against Savon and he lost the final against Cammarrelle. It is impressive that he has only been boxing for 4 years. I think another 4 years as an amateur will do him good.Hopefully next olympics he can actually earn a gold medal and not have one handed to him.

Comment

Originally posted by HUGEBOXINGFAN View Post
        Amateuer Boxing completely different than Pro Boxing.
        Yes, and Joshua has yet to win his first pro fight and may not take a punch that well. I favor Price and a couple of American prospects to go farther than he will.

Comment

He's a long way from that. I wonder if ppl realize how hard it is to transition from the amateur ranks to a top flight pro.

Comment

He lost to Savon and IMO also lost against the Italian in the final, so at least right now I don't see anything special in this kid.

Comment

I mean Amir Khan legitly won a gold medal and he still fights like an amateur. Joshua definitely fights like an amateur. He has a lot of work to do. No question.

Comment

Originally posted by DempseyRollin View Post
                I mean Amir Khan legitly won a gold medal and he still fights like an amateur. Joshua definitely fights like an amateur. He has a lot of work to do. No question.
                Khan won silver (2004).

I don't see a professional future for Joshua at the moment, the man himself said he intends to remain an amateur and I think that's the right choice for now.

Comment

Originally posted by The Weebler II View Post
                  Khan won silver (2004).

I don't see a professional future for Joshua at the moment, the man himself said he intends to remain an amateur and I think that's the right choice for now.
                  U know wat I meant. Anyways you are correct he should remain in the amateur Ramos for now

Comment

Should have lost to Savon.

Anyways, we'll see what happens. Some of the future HW's look to be alright.

Joshua, Price, Wilder, Perez, Pulev, Jennings, etc.

Comment

Originally posted by ksan View Post
                      If Warren puts him vs Dillian Whyte (his conqueror in the amateurs), it will be lights out for him, and bye bye dream of being better than Lennox by his joshtards.

So he should avoid him.

http://boxrec.com/list_bouts.php?hum...9964&cat=boxer

Warren hasn't signed Joshua has he? Have I missed something?

I'd rather see him join Matchroom.

Comment

Working...
                      X