Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

has a boxer ever been punched in the throat?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by New England View Post
    lol go back to karate class with all the other first graders
    did you seriously even say that?

you keep your chin tucked for three reasons:
    to present less of a target
    to protect it and keep it from spinngin around when it gets hit (thats what causes a knockout... there's no magic button that bruce lee presses to make a man unconscious)
    and finally to protect his throat

the reason why you don't see fighters getting hit in the throat often is because it's so easy to end a fight if a fighter is leaving his chin out there

if you stick your chin up in the air a professional boxer is going to make you pay for it

Comment

lol go back to karate class with all the other first graders
      did you seriously even say that?

you keep your chin tucked for three reasons:
      to present less of a target
      to protect it and keep it from spinngin around when it gets hit (thats what causes a knockout... there's no magic button that bruce lee presses to make a man unconscious)
      and finally to protect his throat

the reason why you don't see fighters getting hit in the throat often is because it's so easy to end a fight if a fighter is leaving his chin out there

if you stick your chin up in the air a professional boxer is going to make you pay for it
      I was sparring a dude and he has a bad habit of putting his chin up when he leans back, so every time I'll time his jab and counter with my Overhand I'll catch him in the throat insted of his chin... eventually he stopped and started caughing....

Comment

Originally posted by IMDAZED View Post
        Quartey-Espana.
        Nelson-Hernandez...it was accidental though.

Comment

You can end a fight before it even starts with a quick jab to the throat.

It only does most of its damage when your neck muscles aren't tense as they would be if you're in a fighting stance.

Did it to some kid back in high school who was getting in my face. Jabbed him in the adam's apple and ran while the rest of his friends picked him up off the floor.

Comment

Originally posted by RubenSonny View Post
            Nelson-Hernandez...it was accidental though.

Funny thing is, I was going to write Nelson-Hernandez first then I remembered the one Quartey landed on Espana . So I already know where you're going!

Comment

Originally posted by Monkz View Post

case and point
              its shocking how little some people know about boxing around here.
              just shocking.

most of the eastern martial arts were created to mimic the movement of animals
              their moves are closer to dance steps than calculated movements developed through generations (boxing technique)

i'd honestly favor a well rounded athlete in the NBA or NFL or MLB with their size and athletic talents over any practitioner of the traditional martial arts

those guys literally work backwards, substituting training and conditioning for the practice of useless technique
              ever notice how the "masters" of kung fu, karate, etc are all old and fat?
              thats because they don't fight and practice a martial art that has almost nothing to do with fighting

there is no magic button that bruce lee presses that will allow him to turn a man's lights out
              there is no substitute for conditioning and real practical training and athletic talent

and fighters don't get punched in the throat often simply because they know how to fight

Comment

Originally posted by IMDAZED View Post

Funny thing is, I was going to write Nelson-Hernandez first then I remembered the one Quartey landed on Espana . So I already know where you're going!
                I was tempted to make a racial joke.....trust me, but I think someone might have took it out of context and used it against me in the future

Comment

Originally posted by RubenSonny View Post
                  I was tempted to make a racial joke.....trust me, but I think someone might have took it out of context and used it against me in the future
                  I think you're probably right

Comment

case and point
                    its shocking how little some people know about boxing around here.
                    just shocking.

most of the eastern martial arts were created to mimic the movement of animals
                    their moves are closer to dance steps than calculated movements developed through generations (boxing technique)

i'd honestly favor a well rounded athlete in the NBA or NFL or MLB with their size and athletic talents over any practitioner of the traditional martial arts

those guys literally work backwards, substituting training and conditioning for the practice of useless technique
                    ever notice how the "masters" of kung fu, karate, etc are all old and fat?
                    thats because they don't fight and practice a martial art that has almost nothing to do with fighting

there is no magic button that bruce lee presses that will allow him to turn a man's lights out
                    there is no substitute for conditioning and real practical training and athletic talent

and fighters don't get punched in the throat often simply because they know how to fight
                    There is so much wrong with your post I don't even know where to begin.

Boxing is a sport and always has been. Martial Arts was created thousands of years ago to inflict as much damage as possible to an opponent including death. Their techniques are designed specifically against another human being. Fighting with your fists and only your fists is only 1 form of combat.

A humans legs have longer reach and can hit harder than a punch yet its completely underutilized in boxing for striking. In any fight a blow that severly injures or cripples either leg will end the fight. The leg can be easily broken at the kneecap. One swift kick downwards on the kneecap and its over. You don't see these used in MMA or Karate touraments because they are sanctioned. But back in the day in asia they fought to the death literally.
                    And with grappleing you can break an opponents wrist or elbow or dislocate a shoulder easily. Thats why Wing Chun masters don't enter martial arts tournaments because they would have to hold back. If they went 100% they would break someones bones.

And of course Martial Arts masters get old and bigger than when they were younger. They are not immune to the laws of physics. They still practice their martial art regularly tho. Thats not to say that all Kung Fu masters are old and fat. There are alot that are young and fit. Thats like saying all Boxing Greats are old and fat.

Comment

Comment

Working...
                      X