No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Mayweater Sr: Matthysse Not Elite, Floyd Handles Him

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Mayweater Sr: Matthysse Not Elite, Floyd Handles Him

In the wake of his 3rd round TKO over Lamont Peterson this past weekend, Lucas Matthysse’s stock is as high as ever.

The WBC interim champion in the junior welterweight division, Matthysse overwhelmed Peterson, the IBF belt holder, with his power. The rugged Argentinean would score three knockdowns in as many rounds, forcing referee Steve Smoger to wave off the contest inside of the Boardwalk Hall in Atlantic City.

Matthysse has been linked to a possible fight in September with WBA/WBC champion Danny Garcia, yet there are some who are curious how he would do against the sport’s premier fighter, Floyd Mayweather.

On May 4th, Mayweather would successfully defend his WBC welterweight title against Robert Guerrero inside of the MGM Grand in Las Vegas. Showing tremendous movement with his feet and impeccable timing, Mayweather was as sterling as ever, winning a commanding unanimous decision over twelve rounds. [Click Here To Read More]

If so than why does Peterson give your son hell in the gym and it was a mis match when Lamont fought Mathysse ? Of course we all don't know shyt about Boxing

Comment

Same interview Eli got. Old news.

Comment

isnt this the same interview as before?

Comment

LOL, and Robert Guerrero is elite? LOL.

Comment

I feel the exact same, if the fight ever happens Floyd puts a boxing lesson on him.

Comment

Old news. Let's just wait and see when the fight actually happens. I can't wait to get pleasantly surprised.

Enough of these fantasy matchups. Get in the ring and prove it.

Comment

There's no shame in saying so and so get handled by Floyd. All I care about is if they make it competitive and give it an honest effort. Unlike Guerrero and Ortiz and whoever that doesn't come to mind.

Guerrero let me down big time.

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

According to Sr there are no elite fighters that pose a threat to Floyd. Come Sept if Canelo is on the bill Floyd will be tested thoroughly. Not saying Floyd doesn't win because he always does, but a controversial split decision isn't out of the question.

Comment

Originally posted by ThePhantom5 View Post
                    Same interview Eli got. Old news.
                    No it's not from Elie Seckbach. This is from an interview done by Chris Robinson (HustleBoss Dot Com), he is also the author of this article that got posted.

Comment

Working...
                    X