Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Will Guerrero do better against Floyd than Cotto?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by radioraheem View Post
    When he's fighting weak or mediocre opponents, he may box. But in tough fights, he almost always dogfights. He did it with Diaz, Salido, Aydin, Berto, etc. That ranges from years ago to last year alone. His career will be ending shortly because he's taken lots of beatings because of that reckless style, eating punches like candy. He is a big time candidate for brain damage at an early age.
    I don't know about the brain damage,but he is easily lured into a brawl..He reminds me of Peterson for some reason..
    Last edited by Rome-By-Ko; 02-21-2013, 10:04 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by LA_2_Vegas View Post
      Reading Floyd's comments on the fight it sounds like that will be his plan and it's the right one I think. I still like this fight and do believe Guerrero has a chance depending on how the fight goes, but what you said is how to beat Guerrero - come right at him and get him going backward right from the jump. It takes him off his game and he becomes much more hittable. I'll be interested to see how long Guerrero can hold his ground, or possible keep the fight turning in the middle of ring to prevent getting pushed back. If he can't then you might be right, Floyd could put on a show.
      It's over once Floyd takes away his jab. Do you remember how frequently Aydin was shooting straight right as a counter response to Robert's jab? He would even counter Robert's jab with rights to the body

Comment

Originally posted by Rome-By-Ko View Post
        Nah I was more impressed with Marquez win over Kat's because he was a smaller man..While Guerrero was a giant at LW..Oh and Marquez stopped Kat's bro hell naw!!!
        Kats put Marquez on his ass, remember. Guerrero was never once in danger against Katsidis.

Comment

Originally posted by ShoulderRoll View Post
          Kats put Marquez on his ass, remember. Guerrero was never once in danger against Katsidis.
          Come on man,Marquez stopped Kat's..Guerrero went 12..Marquez imo was more impressive..Mind you Marquez was also the smaller man,while Guerrero was a giant..

Comment

Floyd usually wins his fights by going 12 too. That doesn't mean anything.

I've seen it mentioned that making Guerrero go backwards is a good way to beat him. I would argue that he went backwards at times against Aydin because he was respectful of his power and wildness. I don't know if Floyd is going to worry him as much in that regard.

But we'll see. I'm expecting a good contest and not a blowout by any means.

Comment

I am not sure. I say the Ghost does about the same as Cotto winning about 3,4 rounds.

Comment

Originally posted by ShoulderRoll View Post
                Floyd usually wins his fights by going 12 too. That doesn't mean anything.

I've seen it mentioned that making Guerrero go backwards is a good way to beat him. I would argue that he went backwards at times against Aydin because he was respectful of his power and wildness. I don't know if Floyd is going to worry him as much in that regard.

But we'll see. I'm expecting a good contest and not a blowout by any means.
                I expect a blowout..Just different class of fighter,Guerrero may have went back with Aydin..But dude that's Aydin..No speed,no ring I.Q.I mean Aydin just lost in clear fashion to Karass bro...Mayweather making Guerrero fight going backwards is a much(much!!)different story,then fighting Aydin going backwards...

I think Guerrero can make it interesting and go balls to the wall..But I really don't see Mayweather having much trouble with Guerrero..

Comment

Guerrero should pose Floyd problems as Floyd isnt as good as is made out to be. In the same way SSM was supposed to cause Floyd problems, not cos of how good SSM lost 5 time was, rather that Floyd wasnt that highly rated.

Comment

Working...
                  X