No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Morel Eyes Possible Moreno Showdown on October 20

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Morel Eyes Possible Moreno Showdown on October 20

The two-time world champion, Eric Morel (46-3 and 23 KO's), is looking to come back strong from the decision loss to Abner Mares on April 21, when they fought for the vacant WBC super bantamweight title. Morel is possibly going to return to action in August, says his father and trainer Cyril. But, the older Moreno indicates that his son will possible face WBA bantamweight champion Anselmo 'Chemito' Moreno of Panama on October 20 at Barclays Center in Brooklyn, New York.

[Click Here To Read More]

Nice, I'd like to see that.

Comment

I think author meant "the elder Morel" not elder Moreno....

I'll watch this fight but why is Morel getting a title shot coming off a loss?

Comment

[IMG]http://cdn.*****************/instances/400x/23565761.jpg[/IMG]

Comment

Awww man, I don't know why I thought it was Mares

Comment

Originally posted by totalstranga View Post
            I think author meant "the elder Morel" not elder Moreno....

I'll watch this fight but why is Morel getting a title shot coming off a loss?
            the loss was at a divison he was'nt ranked... but i do feel moreno has to showcase his skills vs more legit opponents..not sayin morel aint , it's just that it wont do much for his legacy..

Comment

just checked the bw rankings and it came from the hottest division to the one of the ****tiest right now lol

Comment

Morel is about to get embarrassed...... Not high on the match up but at least for Moreno its a top 5 bantam according to the R I N G........

Comment

At 122, or 118. Morel is getting too old to go down. This particular fight at 122 gives Moreno a chance to display his skills while simultaneously entering the deep division of 122.

Comment

Even at 67 years old, Morel is still a natural 118 fighter

If Moreno wants to try his hand at 122, let him do it against an actual 122 lber.

Comment

Working...
                    X