Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Martinez Survives Final Round To Decision Chavez Jr.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Martinez Survives Final Round To Decision Chavez Jr.

Thomas & Mack Center, Las Vegas - Sergio Martinez (50-2-2, 29KOs) dominated Julio Cesar Chavez Jr. (46-1-1, 32KOs) for nearly eleven rounds of action. But in the twelfth Chavez dropped and came close to stopping Martinez. The scores were 118-109, 118-109 and 117-110, giving Martinez the twelve round unanimous decision and the WBC middleweight title.

[Click Here To Read More]

Until the last 2 rounds, I had been waiting for JCC Jr. to show up. I was actually doubting he was Julio Cesar Chavez' biological son. I mean, they don't look alike, he's tall as hell and hadn't shown the warrior gene.

I'm glad he showed up. I wish he would've shown up earlier. Now JCC jr looks like a garbage pail kid. I TAKE OFF MY HAT AND NEVER THOUGHT I WOULD SAY THIS, MAD PROPS TO SERGIO MARTINEZ. WHEN HE WAS KNOCKED DOWN, HE COULD HAVE PUT ON THE TRACK SHOES AND RAN THE LAST MINUTE AND A HALF BUT HE DECIDED TO FIGHT UNTIL THE FINAL BELL HAVING AN 11-0 LEAD ON THE CARDS. BOLAS!

Freddie hasn't looked too good the last few fights. His fighters haven't lost close fights. They have been blown out or knocked out. Is it time for Freddie to walk away himself?
    Last edited by B.R!ghteous; 09-15-2012, 11:37 PM.

Comment

chavizz suckks

Comment

Wow, what a mental last round....

Comment

that's what you deserve JCC JR., hehehehehehhe, congrats Sergio......

Comment

Sergio's early body work did the job.

Eff Roach.

Comment

Martinez is unreal. He won almost every round except the last one. He was visibly outsized by Chavez and his surviving of the last round after all that hard work was heroic.

This fight doesn't warrant a rematch though. Martinez scored a shut out.

Comment

How was Martinez still standing? That's nuts.... was in the 12 rd as well where both were exhausted.

Comment

Chavez jr got his a$$ beat but........the young man has his dads big heart.
                  Chavez lost the fight but won my respect.

Martinez......bravo baby

Canelo......fight someone your own size please

Comment

WOAH the last round blew me away.

Comment

Working...
                    X