Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Floyd and Roy fought the same guy???..and Roy: inactive fighters wear in later rounds

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Floyd and Roy fought the same guy???..and Roy: inactive fighters wear in later rounds

Watch video

Last edited by Benny Leonard; 05-27-2009, 03:40 AM.

Originally posted by Benny Leonard View Post
    Watch video

obv. fought in the amateurs.

Comment

great vid!...

Comment

how can you say a guy is not an exciting fighters with knockouts like these. His last fews fights have been more tactical thats all. Somebody tell me where pacman was at when floyd knocking people out, oh yeah he was getting knockout

Comment

Originally posted by Skinnyez View Post
          how can you say a guy is not an exciting fighters with knockouts like these. His last fews fights have been more tactical thats all. Somebody tell me where pacman was at when floyd knocking people out, oh yeah he was getting knockout
          well at the time of this fight (floyd's 6th) manny was 15-1 despite being a few years younger.

too bad manny didn't have an amateur background to learn his craft before turning pro.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr._Pink View Post
            well at the time of this fight (floyd's 6th) manny was 15-1 despite being a few years younger.

too bad manny didn't have an amateur background to learn his craft before turning pro.
            Torrecampo had Manny's number, amatuer pedigree or not

21 year old Floyd >>>21 year old Manny

Comment

Originally posted by pigdestroyer View Post
              obv. fought in the amateurs.
              Yes, I figured by it was crazy to hear

Comment

Originally posted by Real OG View Post
                Torrecampo had Manny's number, amatuer pedigree or not

21 year old Floyd >>>21 year old Manny
                manny just turned 17 2 months earlier when he fought torrecampo.

not 21.

you gonna hold a 17 yr. old BOY's loss without an amateur background against him for losing to a 24 yr. old MAN? lol

Comment

Originally posted by Mr._Pink View Post
                  manny just turned 17 2 months earlier when he fought torrecampo.

not 21.

you gonna hold a 17 yr. old BOY's loss without an amateur background against him for losing to a 24 yr. old MAN? lol
                  This is what i have a problem with, i agree with you when you say this, but if thats the case, why do we have to awknowledge that pac "came up" from 106lbs, if those fights at this weights didint mean much and his body didint mature. Pacs "adult" weight seems to been 122. So would you say that we shouldnt count the legitimacy of the wins prior to that, in which case wed have to factor in the losses?

Comment

Originally posted by El Jesus View Post
                    This is what i have a problem with, i agree with you when you say this, but if thats the case, why do we have to awknowledge that pac "came up" from 106lbs, if those fights at this weights didint mean much and his body didint mature. Pacs "adult" weight seems to been 122. So would you say that we shouldnt count the legitimacy of the wins prior to that, in which case wed have to factor in the losses?
                    fine can we factor in floyd's losses in the ams too? he was about the same age.

pacquiao turned pro at what 15? barely 16?

a person's resume at the age is viewed probably the same way as hopkins' and foreman's resume is viewed at the end of their careers.

losses for foreman and hopkins are dismissed due to them being past their prime while every win and accomplishment is magnified because they won at such an old age and clearly past their prime.

the same holds true for guys at the beginning of their career. pac's losses are minimized because he was a teenager but winning a belt at 19-20 yrs. old with no amateur background is somewhat magnified.

let me ask you this.....if floyd loss one of his pro fights in his teens would you hold it against him? no because he was a kid. get it?

i don't even know why that moron brought it up anyway. this thread has nothing to do with manny.

Comment

Working...
                    X