No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Saul Alvarez-Cintron Close For Nov. 26 in Guadalajara

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Saul Alvarez-Cintron Close For Nov. 26 in Guadalajara

Sources close to the negotiations have advised BoxingScene.com that a deal is practically finalized for a junior middleweight clash between WBC champion Saul "Canelo" Alvarez (38-0-1, 28KOs) and former champion Kermit Cintron (33-4-1, 28KOs). A few minor issues remain but a finalized deal is expected within 24-hours. The fight is being positioned for November 26th, Thanksgiving weekend, likely in a bull ring in Guadalajara, Mexico. Top Rank recently released Cintron from his promotional agreement, but his manager, Josh Dubin, has certainly ensured that his fighter lands on his feet in quick fashion.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Ehh, I'll give him another free pass but after this he HAS to face AT LEAST Cotto.

He shouldn't have much problem defeating this heartless and useless quitting frog.

Comment

I'm rolling with Cintron...Still not impressed by Alvarez.

Comment

The kid is staying active.

Canelo needs to not play with his shoulder roll in this fight.

Just stick with what got you here. Just move you head more.

Comment

Should be interesting, Cintron can still punch, and by now not much is expected from him so he will not have any pressure at all.

Comment

great test for canelo. this fight will show if hes the real deal or not...

Comment

This is a tough pick Canelo or the leap frog Cintron. Canelo knocks this guy out and out of boxing for good. So is Broner still fighting on HBO on the 26th I hope it's agains't Rocky Martinez make it happen.

Comment

Cintron can punch so Ill give him a punchers chance, but he hasnt showed much at all in his past 2 3 fights. I think Canelo has the boxing ability to outbox him and maybe get the late round KO. Im boricua so I will be rooting for the Rican but I beleive Canelo has the tools to get the W.

Comment

Wow... this is a good fight! If anything, we will know if Canelo has the right stuff. Cintron, even on his downward spiral, is a big puncher with championship experience.

For those that will right him off... remember the Angulo fight! Pundits didn't give him a chance in hell... and he surprised many and that's what make this a good matchup!

I have to go with the Mexican on this one. He is a strong, powerful young champion that doesn't know how to lose. But don't count the Cintron out, He has a powerful right hand and Canelo is no Mayweather, he will be there to get tag.

Can't wait!!!!

Comment

If this was before the molina fight, I would give him a 50/50 chance

But now canelo should have no problem with him

Comment

Working...
                    X