Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

A Great champ, a true man, true gentleman...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A Great champ, a true man, true gentleman...

http://www.boxingnewsonline.net/view...ArticleID=1662 <<< Article just came out...trust me, this is a REAL CHAMPION...
    (hopefully the link is allowed)...

nice story

I always had a feeling Moore was a good chap

have you been in contact with him until he passed away?

Comment

great article!

sucks that people just avoid positive threads like this and would rather ruin this forum with STUPID POST about Mayweather or Pacquiao...

Comment

Thanks Ice! A good read.

Comment

great article Ice, genuinely laughed at the thought of you praticing your jab in a restroom while Floyd Patterson was taking a piss.

Comment

Good read!n Needed something positive at work lmao.

Comment

What a connection for a young boxer to make, nicely done.

Comment

Thanks for posting that link, John! Made my day.

I always liked "The Old Mongoose." It's great to know my feelings were warranted. When I got about half-way through your article, I had to step away for a moment. As I threw the clothes in the dryer, I thought about how many "heroes" and "celebrities" are looked up to and admired, but are really scumbags in everyday life. As if on cue, the very next paragraph I read when I got back addressed this issue! lol

You're blessed to have actually known such a true champion and human being....

Comment

Archie Moore was a greater fighter. Bernard Hopkins is like the modern day Archie Moore, fighting until 47 years old and everything. Of course Archie fought more fights in his career, but both are ATG's and some of the greatest to ever do it.

Comment

That's a fantastic piece. I very much enjoyed it. What a great champion and man.

Comment

Working...
                    X