Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

History Section: If David Haye Does Retire How Do You Rate His Legacy?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

He will be remembered less fondly than Naz for how he went out! Haye had the nation behind him, now? He's a laughing stock. I dont think he will retire on this note, surely not....

As a CW his speed, agility, bone crushing power and size make him one of the best the division ever saw but its thin pickings really, CW has never been a glamour division and i think guys like Evander and Qawi stop him.

As a HW he won a strap, that deserves some sort of respect but everybody knows its a diluted title and Klitchko is/was the real Champ

Haye was blessed with physical gifts and charisma, he showed balls by fighting for titles away from home and winning them too. Coming up though never a volume puncher he was very exciting due to his vulnerability, fight ending power and risk taking attitude. However he never fought nearly often enough and on some of his biggest nights fought too cautiously and never let his hands go nearly enough making for dull fights. His trash talking got the fans interested whether u liked him or not but its the type of thing u need to back up, when u hear him criticizing the Klitchko brothers and guys like Adamek now u just want him to shut up and stop embarrassing himself. The night of the Wlad fight was a shambles, he ruined the production and fought a poor fight but then he REALLY took a sledgehammer to his credibility and lost a boat load of fans - me included - by getting that little toe out and blaming it! That single act did serious damage to his legacy and credibility

Comment

I don't know where he ranks.

Outside the Top 5,000?

I don't know.

Comment

Originally posted by JAB5239 View Post
        Good to see you posting Kid! Your knowledge and insight have been missed.
        Thanks Jab, it's good to be back!

Comment

one of the all time letdowns

Comment

Maybe a top 10 cruiserweight... not even a top 50 heavyweight.

Not even close to ATG status.

Comment

Originally posted by SBleeder View Post
              Maybe a top 10 cruiserweight... not even a top 50 heavyweight.

Not even close to ATG status.

I agree. It would be hard to come up with ten better cruiserweights than Haye.

Comment

It won't be long before Haye disappears without trace into the mist of history. Despite some success at Crusier he flunked the heavies. Never defined himself against noteworthy opposition. A modest record.

If anything he'll be remembered more for the hype. Indeed, Haye seems more like a celebrity than a fighter.

Comment

One of the greatest Cruiserweights ever, and I'm not saying that's an absolutely incredible accomplishment.

Comment

His legacy? A absolute dog in his last fight.

Comment

I don't rate his legacy at all right now. He said before the fight with Wlad dat that fight would make or break either of their legacies, n it did, it broke Haye's!
                      He's got no reason to retire if he wants to be a legend. He was only Cruiserweight World champ for one or two fights and then moved to Heavyweight where he had a title shot in his second fight, then he wanted to retire after 3 defences....... No
                      Maybe if he rocks Vitali, but he just wants fast fame and money, n dats it....... Unfortunately

Comment

Working...
                      X