No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Felix Sturm Will Aim To Knock Ronald Hearns Out Early

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Felix Sturm Will Aim To Knock Ronald Hearns Out Early

WBA middleweight champion Felix Sturm (34-2-1, 14KOs) will aim for an early knockout when he defends his title against Ronald Hearns (26-1, 20KOs) on February 19 at the Porsche Arena in Stuttgart. Hearns is the son of legendary fighter Thomas Hearns. Sturm doesn't see any reason to allow the fight with Hearns to reach the judges. He wants to start the pressure in the first round and bend Hearns' will early.

[Click Here To Read More]

Not happy with this fight being made. Felix is capable of beating alot better opponents. However, all top fighters take "easy fights" at some point in their careers. Mayweather with Bruseles, De La Hoya with Forbes etc. I don't blame Sturm for taking a fight like this in the current economy. If your a boxer you want to take the least punishment possible, make the most money possible and then get out with your health intact. I'm confident that in the fall he will take on either Golovkin/N'dam or unify with another champion.

Felix should win this by knockout. War Sturm!

Comment

except that's all sturm takes.

sturm is a non factor and has the belt tied up for absolutely nothing.

he's basically held a belt for the last 7 years and the best guy he fought was casetellejo or frazier. and he NEVER ONCE fought a unification fight
      Last edited by Walt Liquor; 02-17-2011, 07:32 AM.

Comment

Sturm is an absolute paper champ fighting too many taxi drivers

Comment

Originally posted by JK1700 View Post
          Not happy with this fight being made. Felix is capable of beating alot better opponents. However, all top fighters take "easy fights" at some point in their careers. Mayweather with Bruseles, De La Hoya with Forbes etc. I don't blame Sturm for taking a fight like this in the current economy. If your a boxer you want to take the least punishment possible, make the most money possible and then get out with your health intact. I'm confident that in the fall he will take on either Golovkin/N'dam or unify with another champion.

Felix should win this by knockout. War Sturm!
          ^^^^^^^^^^^no way he does what's in bold. You will always find sturm miles away from that possibility. He' know's he'll lose!!!!!!! So does n'dam. Maybe sturm will fight n'dam.

Comment

**** fight..sturm fight someone worthy or **** off

Comment

Originally posted by Buffalo View Post
              ^^^^^^^^^^^no way he does what's in bold. You will always find sturm miles away from that possibility. He' know's he'll lose!!!!!!! So does n'dam. Maybe sturm will fight n'dam.
              I love it how people say "Sturm fights bums" then tell me he should fight Golovkin! Who the hell has Golovkin ever beaten in the pro's that's even worth mentioning? Absolutley ****ing nobody. Yes he has a great amatuer record, but plenty of fighters have had great amatuer records it doesn't always translate to success in the pro's. If Sturm's opposition is bad then Golovkin's has been utter s*it. How he got such a high WBA ranking I really don't know.

Sturm will unify this year or next. People need to stop hating on him. He's just about the best MW in the world aside from Martinez. His opposition hasn't been great but his resume is better than given credit for.
              Last edited by JK1700; 02-17-2011, 10:20 AM.

Comment

I love it how people say "Sturm fights bums" then tell me he should fight Golovkin! Who the hell has Golovkin ever beaten in the pro's that's even worth mentioning? Absolutley ****ing nobody. Yes he has a great amatuer record, but plenty of fighters have had great amatuer records it doesn't always translate to success in the pro's. If Sturm's opposition is bad then Golovkin's has been utter s*it. How he got such a high WBA ranking I really don't know.

Sturm will unify this year or next. People need to stop hating on him. He's just about the best MW in the world aside from Martinez. His opposition hasn't been great but his resume is better than given credit for.
                Golovkin's fought nobody but bums, but the WBA promoted Sturm to super champion so he wouldn't have to fight Golovkin, who was his mandatory.

This Hearns fight is an embarrassment, and Sturm's resume is lousy for a guy who has held a title belt for a long time. What are his best wins as a champion? Castillejo, a 39-year-old blown-up junior middleweight who KO'd him the first time around? Sylvester, who is the very definition of a glorified clubfighter turned into a paper champion by Sauerland? Sturm avoided Abraham like the plague when Sauerland tried to negotiate a unification match.

Sturm is talented, but he has never wanted to fight the best. I think he may be able to outpoint Golovkin. But he won't take the chance because he's afraid of his punch. If he unifies against Golovkin, Pirog or Martinez, I will stand corrected in my opinion of Sturm. But I will believe it when I see it.

Comment

what makes you think sturm will unify if he never even tried to. he should fight pirog to unify, then we see what the ducking jab man is made of. (but it will never happen).

Sturm's resume makes jocal pre lacy look like oscar in his prime

Comment

Can you blame Sturm for not wanting to come to American to fight again after what happened against Oscar? Also Abraham avoided him and moved up in weight get you facts straight

Comment

Working...
                    X