Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Adamek Rips Cunningham, Discusses The Rematch

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Don't know why everyone is getting so ****tional about this. Cunningham crying, Adamek apologizing for winning bad. I thought this was a man's sport? Man up!

Comment

Originally posted by kokingbill View Post
      I was there ringside and had 8 rounds for Adamek. I was laughing that Cunningham was celebrating when it was over. I couldn't believe it when buffer announced a draw...then was happy when they corrected it. Adamek was the aggressor and at no point wasn't in control. The rounds Cunningham won were rounds he landed effective counters. He never followed up on those counters with combos of his own. He continued boxing casually like he was playing a pick up basketball game. He won 4 rounds fair and square. some judges like countering and playing the human fencing game, but most like aggression-hence Adamek won. Go watch Olympic boxing if you like cunninghams style. Id never pay to see that crap again. I think these guys do better than they were expecting to do and somehow think that entitles them to a win. Crazy...
      Lots of good stuff in this post. I could see it a draw at best, but had Adamek by 7-5 personally. USS needed to fight harder to win. Don't get this "controlled him with the jab" b.s. some are trying to shovel on here. He only showed a real jab ins few rounds and never really followed it up. His best punches in the whole fight were about 6 right hand counters total. Adamek wasn't great either, he should ha e pushed for the k.o. in one of those corners. Difference is, you just know he could have done it AND he landed more power shots and pushed the whole fight. Outboxing is what Sergio and Jmm do, not a few dozen peppered jabs and a handful of counter shots.
      Last edited by JAW; 12-29-2012, 03:28 AM.

Comment

We don't care about the past........we care about your skill as a boxer and a showman.......you lost the second fight against cunningham........shame on you for accepting the victory.......i will never again watch your fights........tomas adamek?........who is that?

Comment

Originally posted by Brainsucker View Post
          We don't care about the past........we care about your skill as a boxer and a showman.......you lost the second fight against cunningham........shame on you for accepting the victory.......i will never again watch your fights........tomas adamek?........who is that?
          Ha haaa...! Don't blame Adamek, blame the judges if you want to join the whining choir. Adamek has had a very good career, with an army of fans behind him, in the US, and in Europe.

Comment

this fight reminds me of foreman vs schulz

everyone including the IBF cried robbery when george got the decision but i had george winning because he landed the harder punches & axel jabbed & then just started running a track meet. larry merchant also had george winning. this result is similar & the right man won the fight.

Comment

Tomasz past it

Adamek is one of the toughest and most respected fighters going but this post sounds like a mix of sour grapes and self delusion. Cunningham moved a lot but he also hit Adamek with many flush, telling shots. What does Cunningham have to do, stick his chin out and let Tomasz hit him? Come on! Cunningham used a strategy that worked and it was Adamek's responsibility to adapt, improvise and force his own fight on Cunningham. Adamek couldn't do that and that is his problem. With his logic of this article, Arreola could make the same argument about Tomasz; that he didn't fight him him toe to toe.

As for where he is currently, unfortunately Adamek clearly appears on the fade and he is unable to acknowledge that. But that is understandable, what fighter does admit that he has diminished? As he stands to day, I don't think he'll beat the top echelon anymore but he's popular and can certainly make some good fights and money over the next year or two. I wish him well and good health.

Comment

Adamek won -- there's always a delusional segment of Americans who think they win anything that isn't clear cut (like a KO of Cunningham).

The fact is this: neither of these guys has one iota of a shot against Tyson Fury, David Price, or Kubrat Pulev, much less the K-Bros.

Merry Xmas, Tomasz.
                Last edited by The Nephilim; 12-29-2012, 01:22 PM.

Comment

Adamek would lose more fans if everyone read his whining and buck-passing than he did with his terrible performance. If you automatically lose fights for failing to stand in one place, then he certainly lost to Arreola. Cunningham outboxed Adamek by a much greater margin than Adamek did Arreola, and Tomasz moved just as much. He should disclaim that victory if he wants to continue to delude himself that he won that fight. And Harold Lederman should retire from scoring fights, even unofficially. He's nearly always dead wrong on controversial fights lately.

Comment

Working...
                  X