No announcement yet.

Basic Boxing drills for kids (Free)

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Basic Boxing drills for kids (Free)

In Cyprus this young Cypriot spoke no English and I don't speak Greek but Boxing language is Universal.

This is drill that everyone can do boxers, enthusiast etc.

If you have any questions, fire away

Barry, ive got my 3 yr old doing 1, 2, 3, just added the 3. Its real hard for me to get her footwork at all. I was gonna try and get her up to 6 punches then work footwork. Should i start with punches or somewhere else?

Comment

Originally posted by Walt Liquor View Post
      Barry, ive got my 3 yr old doing 1, 2, 3, just added the 3. Its real hard for me to get her footwork at all. I was gonna try and get her up to 6 punches then work footwork. Should i start with punches or somewhere else?
      That Radeo Suicide & Sash Vid is Art.

Virgil Hunter when discussing Victor Ortiz once said "You can tell if a fighter was taught hands or feet 1st."

You should try some task oriented drills with her. Use cones, tape, or draw circles on the floor if you have to. It may make it goal or challenge oriented in her mind to complete a task. Truthfully drills are boring but are so necessary. Try 2 minute drills with an clock that sounds at the start and finish of a round(2 min maybe even 1) Also try to make it relax and don't teach too much, let her work and have fun. Technique you can correct gradually. Shoot me a PM if you take any video. I'd like to see her progress.

Here are some examples of circles on the ground and task oriented footwork drills

Comment

Quite impressed, kid was pretty responsive.

Comment

The first video on this thread is good ****. Do you have that as part of the material you sell?

Comment

Originally posted by ShoulderRoll View Post
            The first video on this thread is good ****. Do you have that as part of the material you sell?
            ......i dont sell anything unless you want a fight prep or seminar. i teach

Comment

Originally posted by BarryRobinson View Post
              ......i dont sell anything unless you want a fight prep or seminar. i teach
              You were selling a mitts blueprint a few weeks back weren't you? Or am I mistaken?

Comment

You were selling a mitts blueprint a few weeks back weren't you? Or am I mistaken?
                Do you want or need a fight prep or seminar? If so inbox me.

Comment

Originally posted by BarryRobinson View Post
                  Do you want or need a fight prep or seminar? If so inbox me.
                  I'm guessing that's a no ShoulderRoll.

Cool vid btw BR. Kids can be difficult to teach, especially if its not their idea to be there.

Comment

Originally posted by BennyST View Post
                    I'm guessing that's a no ShoulderRoll.
                    It sure as hell looks like there are products being sold here, complete with PayPal links.

http://mindbites.com/lesson/14926-th...reactive-mitts

I'm not trying to be a dick at all...I actually enjoy Barry's videos and how he breaks things down.

Comment

Working...
                    X