Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Maidana: I'm Ready For Twelve, But I Think it Ends Early

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Maidana: I'm Ready For Twelve, But I Think it Ends Early

Junior welterweight Marcos Rene Maidana (29-2, 27KOs) is ready for a war. He face Mexican icon Erik Morales (51-6, 35KOs) on Saturday at the MGM Grand in Las Vegas. Maidana takes nothing away from Morales, even though experts believe Morales is a shell of his former self. Maidana is training to go the full distance. Although, the puncher from Argentina doesn't expect a long fight because of their fighting styles.

[Click Here To Read More]

**** Erik is going to get a beatdown

Comment

Going for Morales, the guy is a legend it'll be a crime not to go for the guy. Maidana is also one of my favorite fighters to watch, and i'm curious as to how he's going to look with his new trainer.

Comment

madaina got this easy erik is shot been for the last couple of years

Comment

This is why Maidana is an animal: "Will I take precautions? No."

Comment

coward marquez should have been the one fighting maidana instead of very courageous but shot morales and show he is worthy at higher weight.....

Comment

Originally posted by mr_kamado10 View Post
              coward marquez should have been the one fighting maidana instead of very courageous but shot morales and show he is worthy at higher weight.....
              How a boxing legend is a coward is beyond me. Can you please enlighten us?

Anyways, I have to go with Maidana in this one.

Comment

i will be extremely surprised if morales makes it through 12 rounds.

Comment

War Morales.............

Comment

I imagine that Maidana gets Morales out of there pretty quickly. Pacquiao trashed him in 3 rounds for their third fight and Maidana is much bigger and hits harder than Pacquiao did at that time. Morales would be smart to try and stay on the outside, box and move side to side to keep Maidana from setting his feet (which Khan did a good job of for 9 rounds). The problem is with Morales advanced age and all the ring wars along with Maidana's willingness to walk thru fire to get his own shots in, this won't bode well for Erik. My hope is that Morales doesn't get hurt in the fight and if he loses, he retires for good. He is getting a chance to earn one more large payday which I thought he would never get again. He's got balls though, he called out Maidana and now he's got him...

Comment

Working...
                    X