Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone else think that Belfort will bring the best out of Silva?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone else think that Belfort will bring the best out of Silva?

I have a feeling with Belforts standup (best Silvas faced yet), he will really test Silva, but it will bring the best out of him and make for a good fight with Silva eventually KO'ing Belfort.

Silva has been boring lately because no-ones been good enough to really challenge him and while Sonnen did make Silvas face swole, he laid on him for 4.5 rounds and out wrestled him, something Belfort won't do.

I think Saturday night we might finally see a great Anderson Silva fight, after such a long time.

Thoughts?

the way i see it, if Belfort's run is legitimate and he is back to his old ways, Anderson will need to be the best he can be or he can kiss his belt goodbye

Comment

I feel the same way, I'm just worried about how the long layoff will effect Vitor, especially when or if it gets to the later rounds. He's never even fought 5 rounds before.

Belfort is not just a good boxer, he also has pretty good takedowns himself.

Comment

I forsee a staring contest so epic it might put Shamrock vs Severn 2 to shame...

Comment

Originally posted by kaps View Post
          I forsee a staring contest so epic it might put Shamrock vs Severn 2 to shame...
          Yeah, I think they'll both be looking to counter rather than lead.

That being said, if Vitor wins the first two rounds then I think we'll see an exciting fight from that point onwards as Silva will give it his all trying to turn things around.

Comment

Hell yeah, everytime I've heard of Silva talking about Belfort he has always had something negative to say. I think it's been a long time coming.

Anderson swears that Belfort will not trade punches with him, and I think he might know more than the most of us do. There's been several trainers and people that have said recently that Anderson used to school Vitor when the two trained together.

Comment

Working...
            X