No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Donaire Wants Walters Shot, Not Teammate Gradovich

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Donaire Wants Walters Shot, Not Teammate Gradovich

2012 “Fighter of the Year” Nonito “The Filipino Flash” wants a title shot at WBA featherweight champion Nicholas Walters and not IBF champion and stablemate Evgeny Gradovich (18-0, 9 KO’s). Donaire wants the fight either in late April or sometime in May.

Top Rank promoter Bob Arum told BoxingScene.com/Manila Standard that he had spoken to Donaire’s manager Cameron Duncan who informed him that Donaire would be ready by late April but indicated he didn’t know whether it was so and added “at worst it would be May” to give time for his fractured cheekbone to heal. He suffered the injury in his 9th round TKO of Vic Darchinyan. [Click Here To Read More]

Another misleading title. Donaire didn't say "I want a shot at Walters". He said "I would have no problem fighting Walters". Big difference.

Comment

What about Rigo? Lol

Comment

Translation: "I want an easier fight"

Comment

You can't really blame him, he looked like crap in his last fight. He needs to build his confidence back.

Comment

Originally posted by Rikanlynx86 View Post
            You can't really blame him, he looked like crap in his last fight. He needs to build his confidence back.
            Darchinyan was supposed to be a confidence builder and he looked like shit, not to mention that he suffered another injury in the fight.

Comment

Walters is a heavy puncher, this could be a bad idea for Donaire.

Comment

Originally posted by WilkinsOlajuwon View Post
                You think Walters is an easier fight than Gradovich?

Comment

Originally posted by WilkinsOlajuwon View Post
                  based on what? i bet you havent seen either guy fight more than the one time they were one TV....LOL

Comment

This guy Walters has potential but he's a little green . I think Donaire wants to take the advantage of that being that he's so experienced . I hope it back fires on him . I think it would be a fun fight.

Comment

Working...
                    X