Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

TRUE or FALSE: Margarito beats all three Kirkland, Angulo and Canelo.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
    Jones needs to ****ing retire. Been saying it for years.

Abraham sucks at 168 and will never be good enough to beat the top dogs there. A beast at 160 though.

Mosley is done, he shoulda retire after Mora, and then he shoulda further retire after Pac. But still, he hasn't retired, SMH.

Williams needs to stay away from southpaw boxers, he clearly gets his ass handed to him when he fights them, except for the 2nd Quintana fight and the first Martinez fight. But he still lost to both though. And Lara, omg. He beat Winky cause Winky just stands there.
    So they're all D class fighter/boxers now as well?

Comment

All three have solid punching power, Marg's eye wont withstand the punches from either of them. All three beat Margarito in hard fought battles.

Comment

he gets owned by canelo and kirkland. He maybe has a chance at beating Angulo.

Comment

Originally posted by Bombs View Post
          Right now, current Margarito one eye tony however you wanna call him.. In my opinion he beats ..

Kirkland: Kirkland is as vulnerable as they come. You will get plenty of chances to hit him. Even a gassed out Angulo connected in the 3-4th round. He brawls and is not too smart. Not even Anny wolf can save him. Margarito wins by stoppage

True of False? Discuss

Angulo: Dumber, slower version of Kirkland. Margarito ends up winning by TKO

True of False? Discuss

Canelo
          : Toughest challenge for one reason, Canelo has some technique fundamentals. He isn't that dumb, he knows how to fight IMO. HOWEVER, he sems to gas out after 3-4. He lacks experience and Margarito will take him to deep waters where canelo has never been before. What will canelo do in the 10th round of a fight where his opponent keeps coming forward laughing and screaming at you no pegaaaas. Margarito wins by decision or late round stoppage.

True of False? Discuss

What I am proposing here is that Margarito, who has the frame to pack 160 and comes 20 pounds heavier fight night.. a current JMW can go up and beat these three relevant names at their division.

What do you think?
          I wouldn't bet big on Margarito right now. He is a wildcard with that bad eye. If it weren't so damaged, I'd give him a decent chance against some of those guys but he is MUCH too damaged. He can still take a hell of a punch, though.

Cotto, who isn't that big of a 154 pounder, busted Margarito's eye. Imagine what would happen against naturally bigger fighters?

Canelo's last fight showed he gets hit a little too much and, at times, appeared to be a little winded against Cintrón.

If I had a gun to my head and were forced to pick Margarito winning one of those three fights, I'd say Canelo. But again, that's if I was forced. Margarito's eye is much too damaged for me to overlook his eye.

Under NO circumstances would he beat Kirkland; a full-fledged, 154-pound southpaw who throws bombs and has a LOT of stamina.

Imagine Kirkland landing those big lefts on Margarito's eye. I would seriously worry for Margarito's eye at that point. He would probably become permanently blind in that eye in a fight with Kirkland.

Angulo? I don't know about him. He looked horrible in his fight with Kirkland outside of the first round.

Comment

Originally posted by Bombs View Post
            Right now, current Margarito one eye tony however you wanna call him.. In my opinion he beats ..

Kirkland: Kirkland is as vulnerable as they come. You will get plenty of chances to hit him. Even a gassed out Angulo connected in the 3-4th round. He brawls and is not too smart. Not even Anny wolf can save him. Margarito wins by stoppage

True of False? Discuss

Angulo: Dumber, slower version of Kirkland. Margarito ends up winning by TKO

True of False? Discuss

Canelo
            : Toughest challenge for one reason, Canelo has some technique fundamentals. He isn't that dumb, he knows how to fight IMO. HOWEVER, he sems to gas out after 3-4. He lacks experience and Margarito will take him to deep waters where canelo has never been before. What will canelo do in the 10th round of a fight where his opponent keeps coming forward laughing and screaming at you no pegaaaas. Margarito wins by decision or late round stoppage.

True of False? Discuss

What I am proposing here is that Margarito, who has the frame to pack 160 and comes 20 pounds heavier fight night.. a current JMW can go up and beat these three relevant names at their division.

What do you think?
            True.

True.

True.

Comment

Originally posted by ИATAS206 View Post
              Margs is done man!
              No way, I think he has a good chance to revive his career. He doesn't deserve a career but it is what it is. We will find out in his next fight which hopefully for his sake will be a light touch. How about a rematch between he and Paul Williams that would be a fight to remember I'm sure.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Fantastic View Post
                So they're all D class fighter/boxers now as well?
                FYI I know where you're getting at, but I'm just playing along.

Jones at this point is beyond a D level fighter, he's in the danger zone, but he's my all time fave, love him for what he did in his prime. I was a fan of his starting from the late 90s. Won't get offended though if some one says he sucks now and I won't question they're fave fighters because of it.

Mosley is beyond shot now, but can still brutalize guys like Margarito. I would say Mosley is like a C class fighter now.

Abraham is a B- fighter at 168, surrounded by A, A+, and B+ fighters.

Williams a D fighter? Hell no. I can see Williams giving hell to Molina, Bundrage, Cotto, Delvin, Angulo, Kirkland, all them dudes except Martinez and Lara, those 2 would probably own him 6-7 times out of 10. And again, Williams would beat the crap out of this version of Marg.

I'm sorry that you didn't get what you wanted, I'm very realistic when it comes to EVERY single fighter, including my favorites. Hence me disowning Floyd for cherrypicking Cotto.
                Last edited by -Kev-; 02-06-2012, 03:27 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
                  FYI I know where you're getting at, but I'm just playing along.

Jones at this point is beyond a D level fighter, he's in the danger zone, but he's my all time fave, love him for what he did in his prime. I was a fan of his starting from the late 90s. Won't get offended though if some one says he sucks now and I won't question they're fave fighters because of it.

Mosley is beyond shot now, but can still brutalize guys like Margarito. I would say Mosley is like a C class fighter now.

Abraham is a B- fighter at 168, surrounded by A, A+, and B+ fighters.

Williams a D fighter? Hell no. I can see Williams giving hell to Molina, Bundrage, Cotto, Delvin, Angulo, Kirkland, all them dudes except Martinez and Lara, those 2 would probably own him 6-7 times out of 10. And again, Williams would beat the crap out of this version of Marg.

I'm sorry that you didn't get what you wanted, I'm very realistic when it comes to EVERY single fighter, including my favorites. Hence me disowning Floyd for cherrypicking Cotto.
                  I got what I wanted. A realistic answer and I totally agree, especially with Williams. I still think he can beat most 154 boxers including Cotto. He just needs to stay in one weight division and pressure smarter. Good thing you admitted with Jones, I was going to bust out laughing if you were to put anything higher.

Comment

You could never Clint out margarito's heart, will & determination to keep going, but that eye will play a huge factor in facing any of those 3 fighters. Maybe with enough time to heal & the right training I'd say yeah, but to answer your question… yeah I think he can beat them all rtnow. There should be a 154lb tourney.

Comment

Even prime Margo had issues @154. All three beat what little life out of him he has left.

Comment

Working...
                      X