Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Riddick Bowe on SkySports Ringside: "Lewis was afraid of me" (Excellent interview)

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Comment

I think it's far to say Riddick has taken one shot too many.

I think he would have beaten Lewis as well. Shame, he did what he did and avoided it.

Comment

bowe didnt avoid lewis, he wanted that fight more than anyone. it was his promoter that didnt have enough faith in him and wouldnt allow him to get in the ring with lennox. bowe simply pulled a pacquiao and did whatever his handlers told him regardless of what the fans wanted, but he wanted that fight.

Comment

Originally posted by #1Assassin View Post
          bowe didnt avoid lewis, he wanted that fight more than anyone. it was his promoter that didnt have enough faith in him and wouldnt allow him to get in the ring with lennox. bowe simply pulled a pacquiao and did whatever his handlers told him regardless of what the fans wanted, but he wanted that fight.
          No he really didn't.

Comment

People put too much into lewis beating bowe in the olympic finals or semi finals. Riddick Bowe was one of those guys that improved real fast after turning pro, and at that point Lewis was still very good, but would get cracked, and I do not think he would have been able to take those patented Bowe uppercuts.

I think it would could have went either way.

Comment

Bowe was wise to duck Lewis.

Lewis was too big, too strong, too fast, too precise and had too much reach. On top of that, Bowe had no defense and couldn't throw a straight right.

It would have been target practise for Lewis.

Comment

Nice...Bowe was my fav heavyweight of the 90s.

Comment

Originally posted by #1Assassin View Post
                  If a fighter really wants something he would make it happen. Bowe was afraid of Lewis you could see that in the argument after the Holyfield fight. Chicken Bowe didn't want none.

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
                    I think it's far to say Riddick has taken one shot too many.

I think he would have beaten Lewis as well. Shame, he did what he did and avoided it.
                    Lewis would have demolished Bowe and Bowe knew it

Comment

Originally posted by Rapid Counter View Post
                      I thought that Lewis smashed him in the amateurs and instead of getting revenge in the pros, Bowe chose to relinquish his title rather that fight Lewis. Is this not the case?
                      That is exactly the way I remember it. Bowe ducked Lewis. Maybe he is so punchy he got it backward.

Comment

Working...
                      X