Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Rees on Broner: He hits incredibly hard for a lightweight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Broner tonight seemed to carry most of his weight in his fists.

Comment

Originally posted by ShoulderRoll
      Interesting comment, especially coming from a guy who has been fighting 140 pounders.
      The British we're telling people Rees is ****. Kotelnik beat him up...

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

What's the over/under on how much Enzo lost tonight betting on Rees?

Comment

Originally posted by dan_cov View Post
          Rees carries most of his weight in his legs.
          No, you just don't get it do you? HBO makes there own rules, Broner was maybe close to 150 but I'd bet he was more like 153-154, It's just like when they listed Cotto at 5'8 just before the Mayweather fight. I don't think they wanted it too seem like Broner was so much bigger then Rees being that the fight was a gimic to begin with...

Comment

Originally posted by Realizniguhnit View Post
            No, you just don't get it do you? HBO makes there own rules, Broner was maybe close to 150 but I'd bet he was more like 153-154, It's just like when they listed Cotto at 5'8 just before the Mayweather fight. I don't think they wanted it too seem like Broner was so much bigger then Rees being that the fight was a gimic to begin with...

I get it perfectly fine I was just stating that whilst at a glance Broner may appear 20lbs heavier Rees carries most of his weight is in his legs.
            Just like say Manny Pacquaio, he has a very small upperbody but his legs are very thick especially his calves.

But yes Broner probably was over 150 though he is very lean & is genetically gifted (thick set, wide shoulders, thick neck etc) he will always give the impression he weighs more than he does.

Comment

Originally posted by DempseyRollin View Post
              how the **** is that obvious???
              broner has already failed to make weight.dude couldnt even make 140 against escobedo,so you do the math on what you think he comes into the ring.demarco is supposed to be a big lww and looked tiny next to broner.these weight games these boxers play are just plain silly

Comment

Originally posted by 4Corners View Post
                Broner's only 23 and has about half the hate Floyd currently has. It's like everyone get's their panties in a bunch when this guy does anything. It's sad.

To be fair he is incredibly corny any time he opens his mouth. Can't knock the skills though. He is great to watch.

Comment

Bronner is just built wide, look at how wide his dad is(look past the fat..lol) but he is built wide look at his wing muscles(I think they're called Lats?)
                  He also has broad shoulders and a strong neck.
                  The way hes built gives the appearance of being much bigger but he isnt.

He's buillt like Johnny Bravo.
                  Last edited by blacraven; 02-17-2013, 05:06 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by ShoulderRoll View Post
                    Interesting comment, especially coming from a guy who has been fighting 140 pounders.
                    Yeah. But who did he fight besides Kotelnyk at 140?

Comment

Originally posted by dan_cov View Post
                      He was 153 not 163, it was a mistake and its been rectified and cleared up!The same weight Broner has rehydrated to whilst managing to make 135 & even as low as 130.
                      didn't know that...gotta link?

Comment

Working...
                      X