Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Miguel Cotto that fought Mayweather & Trout vs current Pacquiao @ 154?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think we'll have to wait until saturday.

Manny is the better overall fighter, he is faster of hand and foot, he has better power, reflexes and killer instinct.

Cotto is better as a boxer.

Now, Manny would normally be the favorite, but he is not the same fighter he used to be.
    In my opinion, he looked really bad in his latest bout.
    Among other things, Bradley had a broken foot, hence a limited mobility for most of the fight. A prime Pacman would have probably Ko'ed most opponents in such circumstances.

In other words, I think Pac wins, unless he is more shot than Cotto is.

Comment

Originally posted by RINGG View Post
      Cotto was competitive against Pacquiao, he just couldn't handle Manny's power.
      Mayweather doesn't have that power and Trout hasn't shown that power. I think the result would be the same.
      Then why dont he fight Cotto without a CW , he must think its too hard and he might lose or he would not walk away on weight issues , how you guys IGNORE weight and ignore that Manny is very aware of weight is beyond me , he wanted Cotto , first choice Cotto , and says no on weight WHY !!!

Comment

This is just a bad style matchup for Cotto. He may still get stopped.

Comment

Originally posted by Earl Hickey View Post
          Cotto would get Hattoned early.

Cotto is Hatton level

deal wit it, ricans
          lol u wish ricky fatton was on cottos level! ricky would have gotten his man hood taken against cotto

Comment

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
            Well here's my take. I think Cotto fights much more competitively than he did in 2009 at the catchweight of 145, but loses a decision this time. He would show an improvement from the weightdrained Cotto but still lose. Probably gets outworked.
            Yes the weight drained cotto who weighed in at 146 for 2 previous WW fights before pac...of course

Comment

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
              The Cotto that fought competitively against Mayweather and Trout, and didn't suffer any knock downs or was ever badly hurt to the point where you could say he was on queer street, versus the Pacquiao from now; at 154, no catchweight.

Who wins?
              Cotto loses and continues to lose against top opposition until he changes his trainer.

Cotto has the tools but his trainer has him fighting so one dimensional that he lacks the variety to mix things up and make things interesting.

I personally think that Buddy McGirt would change Cotto for the better. What he did with Tarver's style and career would ultimately work well with Cotto's style and approach to the science.

Buddy would put an emphasis on fundamentals and better use and range of weapons. If Cotto could get back to a stick and jab approach and not cling to the stand and trade method I think he'd be back in the running in no time.

Comment

Working...
              X