Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

In which fights did a Boxer show mercy for his opponent?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
    Roy Jones vs Bryant Brannon.

Roy gestured to the ref to stop the fight.
    I just watched it. good example
    btw I also remember there was a moment in Roy's fight against Vinny Paz in which Roy made a gesture at the end with his shoulders which looked to me like "okay the ref should have stopped the fight already, but he didn't so I gotta still punch him".

Comment

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
      Roy Jones vs Bryant Brannon.

Roy gestured to the ref to stop the fight.
      But when the ref told him to go on he went right back to work.

Comment

Roy looked over at the ref, stepped back and pointed at a man taking too much of a beating in the corner.... the ref said continue on and Roy shrugged his shoulders and KO'ed the guy.

However I think in Jones Griffin II, Roy took it easy on Griffin... He took a few seconds longer before KOing the man that wrongfully bragged about taking his "0".

Comment

Originally posted by Light_Speed View Post
          But when the ref told him to go on he went right back to work.
          The ref gave him no choice.

It's funny Brannon was hyped up with his undefeated record and win over an undefeated Eric Lucas. Larry Merchant, Roy's biggest hater in the past, was calling Brannon a legit dangerous opponent. Brannon jumped on Roy in the first seconds of the fight only to end up knocked out in 2 rounds.

Comment

Believe it or not, CC aka Cesar Cuenca has shown mercy to 40+ opponents. The only guy he decided to stop was cause that guy was disrespectful at the press conference.

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

Originally posted by GrandpaBernard View Post
              Wasn't there a story about Holmes taking a cab home that night and crying the entire way back?
              Everyone who witnessed, or who was a part of it, cried...

Comment

Paul Malignaggi vs Michael Lozada is also a fight in which there was a moment in which Paulie kinda asked the ref to stop the fight. furthermore at the end of the Malignaggi-Senchenko fight it looked as if Paulie was complaining loud at the beginning of the last round (or one of the last rounds) cause the ref didnt stop the fight. Paulie was standing up from the stool and before he walked to the centre of the ring he was saying something loud which was probably directed at the referee Steve Smoger.

Comment

Comment

Pacquiao Margarito

Pac could had him out there rounds earlier but just coasted. Margarito was doing sht.

Comment

Vitali - Briggs.

Vitali showed mercy by not killing him in the ring and instead let him off with only a few weeks in a hospital.

Due to his Mercy it only took Briggs 2 years to recover and be able to fight again

Comment

Working...
                      X