Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

MENTAL TOUGHNESS/FORTITUDE... Can it be trained/improved on?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MENTAL TOUGHNESS/FORTITUDE... Can it be trained/improved on?

thinking about how mentally focused, tough and determined you MUST have to be to win, or even see the final bell, during these 15 and 12 round wars ive been watching lately... shows there should not be the most minimal space in your mind for a personal doubt or a flashback of a previous or possible loss, etc

makes me ask.... is it possible to train or improve a fighters mental strength or conditioning for a fight, or as a fighter, in any way?

just wondering what you boxing pundits thought about this aspect

No.

You either have it or not.

You can't train to never quit. You simply have to have the desire to never quit.

Comment

Originally posted by F l i c k e r View Post
      No.

You can't train to never quit. You simply have to have the desire to never quit.
      ok, so for example, there arent trainers out there capable of instilling these qualities in a fighter somehow, thru either words or actions over a certain period of time?

Comment

I think it can me improved on Latina. There are motivational techniques and exercises that can change someone's mentality and encourage them to be more mentally stronger. I do think some are more supceptible to being mentally strong than others maricon.

Comment

A simple answer...Yes.

Comment

i think it can be learned.....but spoiled brats like floyd and ricky martin(ts's idol) cant be tough...

Comment

Zab Judah.

/thread.

Comment

Zab is one example though. I think you can build your courage and heart up, but those that don't have it from the start are doomed to fail from it again, it's just that much easier to fall back down mentally if you're too prone to do it again ala Judah chicken dance.

Comment

You either run on the right fuel or you don't, I'm gonna say no.

Comment

Originally posted by F l i c k e r View Post
                    No.

Is you crazy? ofc you can train that! you aren't born with discipline, determination, work ethic right? If you get spoiled as a kid it isn't easy to develop heart, discipline and work ethic and so on right?

So you really think a person can't toughen up?
                    lol that is what boxing training/full contact sparring is for.
                    That is what they do in the army.

Fight or flight response can be trained my friend but ofc some people are simply born with a weaker will and determination that can be improved.

It has alot to do with upbringing too.

Comment

Working...
                    X