Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Let's be honest, Mayweather never faced someone like Mosley.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BoxingHistory View Post
    No one underestimates Shane Mosley...He is what he is...He throws wide punches when he tries to punch hard and he closes his eyes...He can be outboxed..it has been proven. The better boxer will win this fight and that will be Floyd Mayweather.
    you should've said....outboxed by dudes who are NATURALLY bigger than him.....and one of the biggest myths around here is that Cotto outboxed Shane.....Cotto landed 17 more jabs but got hit with 17 more power shots.....in any other arena or any other day and minus the "RISING STAR" aka "JERMAIN TAYLOR" bonus.....this fight would have went to Shane.....just my 2 pennies

Comment

You're probably right, but the thing with Floyd is he just prepares to box. He does not study his opponents outside the ring. He studies them inside the ring and set up traps accordingly. So basically, coming in to a fight, Floyd is never really particularly ready for his opponent but he still wins because his ability to adjust to any style. Floyd's tapes are in the ring on fight night. That is what he says and I believe him. Floyd just prepares himself to go 12 hard rounds, sharpens his skills, and is ready on fight night to read his opponent and outbox any style. You gotta admire that about Floyd as a boxer.

Comment

A Prime Mosley beats Mayweather easily at 135-147 IMO.

Just now, Mosley is still fast but OLD. Shot no but old. Mosley was truely a fighter who best days were cause of his prime speed. He's mostly power and come forward and box you a bit. That won't work againest Mayweather since May is fresher and younger than him now.

I would we would have seen them prime for prime, I would put a ****load of money on Mosley at the time but at the moment hell no.

Why has anyone forgot COTTO beat Mosley UD !!! Mosley is getting outboxed man.. sadly..

Comment

Originally posted by -Kevin- View Post
          You're probably right, but the thing with Floyd is he just prepares to box. He does not study his opponents outside the ring. He studies them inside the ring and set up traps accordingly. So basically, coming in to a fight, Floyd is never really particularly ready for his opponent but he still wins because his ability to adjust to any style. Floyd's tapes are in the ring on fight night. That is what he says and I believe him. Floyd just prepares himself to go 12 hard rounds, sharpens his skills, and is ready on fight night to read his opponent and outbox any style. You gotta admire that about Floyd as a boxer.
          I know he said that, but that is BS man. He might not sit down every night to study the tapes but he watches fights and i'm sure he sat down more than once to see a fight or two from shane. At the very least, he has seen so many shane's fights that he knows his style.

Comment

May has this via DCN. Shane's plan is to smother may and outpower him. But he will be leaving himself open al too often for counters. Shane goes crazy some times with haymakers even closing his eyes. He won't be winning this fight. But still,

WAR SHANEE!!!!

Comment

That's why Floyd duck Mosley for 10 years. The Fraud knew long ago that Shane can destroy his azz. See how genius he is in picking fights.

Comment

Originally posted by 'Sugar' Freddi View Post
                I know this has been said many times, but the thing is that he really hasn't faced someone like Mosley. Not someone with the power Mosley has, the speed he has, size he has, and even boxing skills.

If Mosley does beat Mayweather, please, let's all give him all the credit he deserves because this is a tough task.
                When I think about Mosley having a chance against Mayweather, I just remember how he was struggling with Mayorga prior to the knockout and how a slower fighter like Cotto outboxed him...

Floyd by UD… Even though I hope Mosley makes it a good fight.

Comment

Working...
                X