One Arm Stronger Than The Other?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• One Arm Stronger Than The Other?

Hey

when am lifting weights, and doin dumbell curls. My right arm is ALOT stronger than my left. I can lift alot heavier on my right arm than on my left.

My left arm is fairly weak, and i just can't lift what i can lift on my right arm. It really does my head in

Should i just lower the bar on my weight for my left arm & keeping lifting heavy on my right arm. But am worried will my right arm go way bigger than the left?.........& any help on buliding my left arm to be as gd/strong as my right arm?

Thanks!

you wank a lot ?? lol
    Seriously tho...ent most people stronger with one arm than another !?

Comment

Originally posted by ~Legendary~ View Post
      Hey

when am lifting weights, and doin dumbell curls. My right arm is ALOT stronger than my left. I can lift alot heavier on my right arm than on my left.

My left arm is fairly weak, and i just can't lift what i can lift on my right arm. It really does my head in

Should i just lower the bar on my weight for my left arm & keeping lifting heavy on my right arm. But am worried will my right arm go way bigger than the left?.........& any help on buliding my left arm to be as gd/strong as my right arm?

Thanks!
      dont lift more with the right than the left, than you right will always be bigger than your left. lift at the same weight with both arms so eventually you'll have arms that are porportioned.

Comment

Unless there's a huge difference in size keep lifting to failure with both arms and your left will grow at the same rate.

Comment

bump!!!!!!!

Comment

i was the same...then i started jabbing and double left hooking the bag alot more
            now both my arms are rock

Comment

What I like to do is start with my left always and then go onto my right veryvery soon after and then start my next set for left --> right after a slightly longer break. It helps me keep the balance going for me. That's the only advice I can really give, helped me a good bit. For a bit my left was just a bit larger than my right and I had to mix it up, for that doesn't happen anymore though so I stick to the first method. The left wasn't used to it and the shock helped me out pretty quick.

Comment

Originally posted by ~Legendary~ View Post
                Hey

Thanks!

Comment

I'd concentrate on your left and work it in preference to the right until both are near as dammit equal.

One arm much stronger than the other looks daft and can lead to balance/posture issues within the body, which can in turn lead to muscle tension more often or not in the neck which causes headaches.

It will end up affecting more than you could ever imagine if it really is quite a substantial difference.

Perhaps consider training with a barbell rather than dumbells and do a variety of exercises such as shoulder press, bench press (if you have a bench), bicep curl, bent over rows or uprows with the barbell. These exercises work several muscle areas and the bias should be more equal with a barbell over time.

Comment

Just keep lifting normally. One arm will always be stronger, but should even out over time. My left arm is stronger than my right, even though I am right handed. My left bicep seems slightly more defined than my right one, but pretty well balanced overall.

Keep both sides of the barbell balanced though.

Comment

Working...
                    X