Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Explain why Sergio Martinez vs floyd mayweather at 160 doesnt make sense?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NatiKid View Post
    something tells me the name your using changed from pac man to martinez about 2 weeks ago. who is next?
    you fail. i was picking JMM to win the 4th fight.

Not everyone criticizing floyd is automatically a pacfan.

Comment

It only makes sense if Mayweather agrees to the fight. He should not have to fight above is natural weight any more than Martinez should have to fight light heavyweights. If Floyd wins it makes him look great. If Martinez wins it makes him look good but really he just beat a welterweight. If Mayweather wants it Martinez has said it's the fight he wants most so do it. If Mayweather does not want it I sure would not consider it a duck. I think Martinez would KO Floyd or win on points.

Comment

Originally posted by GUEVARA View Post
        Duran was successful, why cant floyd try it? Being a much more defensive fighter actually helps him? No? Its not like Sergio is a massive Middleweight
        Duran wasn't that successful above 147. He beat Benitez and Barkley; lost to Hearns, Hagler, Laing, Sims. If there was someone as limited as Barkley (and not saying Floyd could handle that sort of brute size), maybe May could try it but skilled, quick bigger men are a different nut.

Comment

LOL at having no business at 147. He shouldve fought marqueaz and hatton at 140 south then.
          Didn't read what I said, did you?

Has no business above 147.

Comment

Originally posted by Slightly Dazed View Post
            I don't share your playing card view of boxing. It's not an equation. Not black and while. You have to know a bit about the art and be able to navigate the gray areas.
            So you pretty much tilt everything in floyds favor. Got you.

Comment

So fighters daring to be great isnt floyds thing. Fine with me, as long as he knows his place ATG wise. which is a couple of notch below joe calazaghe.
              See I was waiting for this kind of foolishness, please tell me, what the hell has Joe Calzaghe done to make him so special, he fought a bunch of nobodies his whole career and hid away in britain, the only name fighters on his resume a shot jones, shot eubanks, 43yr old popkins. THATS IT. What kind of resume is that. You seriously want to compare that to Mayweathers resume. Even Froch/Ward have better resumes than that joke and their no where near done

Comment

fail at what? does not change fact your hate for floyd is endless. you will never be satisfied with anything he does unless its a lose

Comment

Because he isn't a 160 lb fighter?

Dur

Comment

Originally posted by gmc_rfc_06 View Post
                    Didn't read what I said, did you?

Has no business above 147.
                    you mean if the competition isnt right for the picking above 147 floyd shouldnt fight? got cha.

Comment

so your only happy if the other fighter has an advantage?

Comment

Working...
                      X