Collapse
No announcement yet.

How to box a taller opponent

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The key is to bring him down to your level. Jab to the pit of the stomach. Don't let him stay in that lay back position where can he counter you all day with straight punches, make him come to you. Besides jabbing to the pit of the stomach throw lead hooks to the head, and when you hit him get out of there make him come to you, make him desperate to hit back, when he does come to you, destory the body on the inside and catch him with short uppercuts. WHATEVER YOU DO DON'T LET HIM STAY IN THAT COUNTER-PUNCHING COMFORT ZONE WHERE HE CAN REACH YOU EVERYTIME YOU COME IN AND YOU CAN'T REACH HIM!

Comment

thanks guys, yeah he keeps his hands down low thats the onlyproblem he guards his body and makes me go for his head so i have to reach more

Comment

Originally posted by Dyl-G
        i have a similarr question i juss sparred the other day and the guy is taller than me and has a longer reach and he let me get close then counter punched everything i threw, i had to use jabs a lot to get close to him and try to side step, do any of yall have any more advice on how to beat a taller counter puncher?

I have the same problem with a sparring partner, so i just feint and make him throw first then counter with rights to the body when he throws his jab then come up with the left uppercut or hook. Also when you throw all your jabs at the taller boxers chest you can start feinting at the chest at go for the head shots. I like to go feint jab to the chest- jab to the head bring in the powerfull right uppercut(powerfull becuz you bringing it up from a crouched position) then left hook. the taller guys hate it.

Comment

I'm 6'3 and I would knock you out with a mean upper cut. But since you 5"6 I doubt you a heavyweight. But if we was to spar I doubt your power would faze me.

Comment

Thats a pretty bold statement Cre_Ace, considering the fact that you are wearing play gloves in your picture. Just because you are a heavyweight do not assume that you will crush the world and everybody in it. Heavyweights fall harder than anybody else, and you are no exception. The first thing they will teach you in boxing is to never underestimate your opponent. Have you got to that part in the training or did they just laugh at you when you walked in with toy gloves.......Rockin'

Comment

They ain't toy gloves you idiot, you can't tell what they're from that picture. But who cares what gloves I have on my hands, what's the difference? I would knock you out in a heart beat. I would have you looking like that old lady in that pic after

Comment

Originally posted by Rockin1
                Thats a pretty bold statement Cre_Ace, considering the fact that you are wearing play gloves in your picture. Just because you are a heavyweight do not assume that you will crush the world and everybody in it. Heavyweights fall harder than anybody else, and you are no exception. The first thing they will teach you in boxing is to never underestimate your opponent. Have you got to that part in the training or did they just laugh at you when you walked in with toy gloves.......Rockin'
                HAHAHAHHAAH oh damn, yeah cre you gotta calm down bro, unless your like roy jones or muhammad ali you cant get away with being cocky like that dude, so calm down

Comment

Originally posted by Cre_Ace
                  They ain't toy gloves you idiot, you can't tell what they're from that picture. But who cares what gloves I have on my hands, what's the difference? I would knock you out in a heart beat. I would have you looking like that old lady in that pic after

Please do not knock me out. LoL And those are toy gloves, you can plainly see in the picture that they have no laces. Found them at k-mart next to the how to be a big bad boxer book, didnt ya. You just let me know what state you are in and then I could see what I could do about you showing me this knock out in a heart beat, fatboy..........Rockin'

Comment

Brooklyn, You could find me at GYMU. (http://getyourmoneyup.com/) For more details on how to get there visit the link. I'll be waiting for you chumpzilla.

Comment

Originally posted by Cre_Ace
                      HAHAHAHAH you crack me up man. Rockin1 would knock you out with one hand tied behind his back. I don't think you would wanna box him, he might knock you into retirement and i'm for real

Comment

Working...
                      X