Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who has the better resume Pernell Whitaker or Manny Pacquiao?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Roy Hobbs View Post
    im done talking to somebody who thinks boxing awards, decorations, number of hall of famers faced, hall of fame wins, division titles are considered stupid logic in a thread titled who has a better resume. we didnt even go over longevity, # of top 10 p4p fighters faced all of which favor pacquiao but go ahead try to slant & warp the argument any way you can, at the end of the day pacquiao has the greater resume.
    I've told you and used examples time and time and time again as to why it's stupid logic.

Because using that logic, it makes Pacquaio's resume better than Ray Leonard's.

It makes it better than Joe Louis', it makes it better than Willie Pep's, it makes it better than Joe Gans, it makes it better than Alexis Arguello's, the list goes on and on and on and on and on.

That is why it's stupid logic.

Comment

i thought you were actually a decent poster, i didnt think you were a troll.
      You asked me simple questions thus I gave you simple answers.

Comment

• Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
        I've told you and used examples time and time and time again as to why it's stupid logic.

Because using that logic, it makes Pacquaio's resume better than Ray Leonard's.

It makes it better than Joe Louis', it makes it better than Willie Pep's, it makes it better than Joe Gans, it makes it better than Alexis Arguello's, the list goes on and on and on and on and on.

That is why it's stupid logic.

& ive already explained why it doesnt. ive already explained that ray leonard has other career achievements that off set pac's other advantages.

YOu have to look at the entirety of the boxer's resume but you dont even know wtf a boxing resume consists of jesus fvking christ.....

you're the one stooping down to stupid logic. Calling boxing decorations, division titles & accolades stupid logic.

Comment

You asked me simple questions thus I gave you simple answers.
          & your answers are wrong.

simple answers for a simple mind.

Comment

& ive already explained why it doesnt. ive already explained that ray leonard has other career achievements that off set pac's other advantages.

YOu have to look at the entirety of the boxer's resume but you dont even know wtf a boxing resume consists of jesus fvking christ.....

you're the one stooping down to stupid logic. Calling boxing decorations, division titles & accolades stupid logic.
            And I've already exaplained why Whitaker's other achievements off set Pacquaio's other advantages;

His win over Chavez and Nelson vastly outweigh anything Pacquaio has done in his career

One of the greatest Lightweight's of all time with the best Lightweight runs since Roberto Duran.

He has a huge advantage in consistency

Etc, etc etc.

A boxer's resume is who they beat, that's precisely and exactly what it is. Not "How many awards have I won" or "How many divisons have I won titles in"

Hell, Oscar has more titles in more divisions than anyone in history except Pacquaio. He's also beaten a ton of HOF'ers aswell. Yet, he's not even an ATG and IF he is, he's scrapeing the bottom of the list.

Hence, again, why it's stupid and flawed is categorise it in that way.

It makes Oscar De La Hoya greater than Joe Louis.

And examples that could be used to go on forever.

Comment

& your answers are wrong.

simple answers for a simple mind.

Comment

And I've already exaplained why Whitaker's other achievements off set Pacquaio's other advantages;

His win over Chavez and Nelson vastly outweigh anything Pacquaio has done in his career

One of the greatest Lightweight's of all time with the best Lightweight runs since Roberto Duran.

He has a huge advantage in consistency

Etc, etc etc.

A boxer's resume is who they beat, that's precisely and exactly what it is. Not "How many awards have I won" or "How many divisons have I won titles in"

Hell, Oscar has more titles in more divisions than anyone in history except Pacquaio. He's also beaten a ton of HOF'ers aswell. Yet, he's not even an ATG and IF he is, he's scrapeing the bottom of the list.

Hence, again, why it's stupid and flawed is categorise it in that way.

It makes Oscar De La Hoya greater than Joe Louis.

And examples that could be used to go on forever.
                & ive stated that Pacquiao has faced the better set of fighters.

Morales, Barrera, Marquez, Cotto, Hatton, Clottey, Mosley, Oscar, Margarito, Bradley are better than Chavez Sr.,Nelson, Mcgirt, Pineda, Ramirez, Haugen, & Pineda.

& yes boxing decorations are part of your resume, its an acknowledgement of what you accomplished inside the ring. Any way you want to slice it Pacquiao has the better resume than whitaker. Only a person with stupid logic would claim its not part of your resume.

Comment

& ive stated that Pacquiao has faced the better set of fighters.

Morales, Barrera, Marquez, Cotto, Hatton, Clottey, Mosley, Oscar, Margarito, Bradley are better than Chavez Sr.,Nelson, Mcgirt, Pineda, Ramirez, Haugen, & Pineda.

& yes boxing decorations are part of your resume, its an acknowledgement of what you accomplished inside the ring. Any way you want to slice it Pacquiao has the better resume than whitaker. Only a person with stupid logic would claim its not part of your resume.
                  is this clown for real

Comment

• Originally posted by Light_Speed View Post
                    Great fighter but not as accomplished as Chavez was when Whitaker beat him.
                    Sorry, but Gavilan was better than Chavez. Oh, and the Armstrong that Robinson beat was better than Chavez.

Poet

Comment

• Bottom line: Decorations and awards are meaningless. Resume is ALL about who you beat and when you beat them.

Poet

Comment

Working...
                      X