Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Seth Mitchell Targets The Klitschko Bros. For Early 2013

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Seth Mitchell Targets The Klitschko Bros. For Early 2013

Heavyweight Prospect Seth "Mayhem" Mitchell (23-0-1) appeared on the most recent edition of The Boxing Lab, BoxingScene.com's official audio show. Mitchell is putting the final touches on his training camp for Timur Ibragimov. The fight takes place in Washington, DC and will be broadcast on HBO. Amir Khan defends his WBA and IBF titles versus Lamont Peterson in the main event. [Click Here To Read More]

I saw a fight of Mitchell's on youtube and was pretty impressed by him. He was only fighting a journeyman, mind you, but he banged him up pretty bad. Left him with a horrible looking eye.

Comment

First off, ibragimov is a bad opponent for an untested and amateurish brawled like mitchell. He is too skilled and technical of a boxer. He is a slick veteran who won't be phased by Mitchell marching forward swinging for the fences. Even If Mitchell manages to pull out a win, it will be by decision and not look pretty. The win won't make people believe he is a credible klitscko opponent. He ought to try to see what he can do against Arreola, thompson, chambers, wilder, or even a top 100 ranked opponent in the us like a Travis Kauffman. I doubt Mitchell would come out of any of those aforementioned fights with a victory. But I suppose that is the strategy, just build up hype to get a payday for a beating by a klitschko.... Shame. This guy isn't the future. Arreola would destroy him and I'd bet my life on it.

Comment

I wouldnt make that bet. Mitchell would drop Arreola, and the only heavyweights out there are the two blown up cruisers Adamek and Haye who would give the bigger, but slower Mitchell a tough fight. David Price and Tyson Fury have yet to prove they are any better than Mitchell at the moment. Kingpin Kevin Johnson would get dropped, and so would Chisora. I would bank on Seth being the next guy under the radar to make noise. it should be a good year for him, and I look forward to seeing him step into the spotlight.

Comment

If Travis Kauffman started to call him out then i wouldnt mind seeing them on an undercard. Fast Eddie as well. Seth is as good as any of these guys, and i really like his attitude. face it, he gets his ass in shape and i respect that.

Comment

Mitchell's people turned down a fight with Kauffman on the Card that was supposed to happen on your profile pic. He was going to fight Mike Mollo instead? I dont know man. I know Kevin Johnson even said he'd fight him for nothing. I hate seeing these guys get pumped up when they didnt fight anyone. Ibragimov is a step in the right direction, but I think a shot at klitschko is much further away than he expects.

Comment

Originally posted by kokingbill View Post
              First off, ibragimov is a bad opponent for an untested and amateurish brawled like mitchell. He is too skilled and technical of a boxer. He is a slick veteran who won't be phased by Mitchell marching forward swinging for the fences. Even If Mitchell manages to pull out a win, it will be by decision and not look pretty. The win won't make people believe he is a credible klitscko opponent. He ought to try to see what he can do against Arreola, thompson, chambers, wilder, or even a top 100 ranked opponent in the us like a Travis Kauffman. I doubt Mitchell would come out of any of those aforementioned fights with a victory. But I suppose that is the strategy, just build up hype to get a payday for a beating by a klitschko.... Shame. This guy isn't the future. Arreola would destroy him and I'd bet my life on it.
              This is Timur Ibragimov not Sultan Ibragimov.

Comment

He might be ready by then. The HW division is so weak that if he just beats someone like Arreola he'll probably be deserving of a title shot. I really like the way Seth Mitchell fights. He's very agressive and his punches have good pop to them. He's a very entertaining fighter.

A few things worry me though. His chin has never been tested. If he ends up having a crap chin, then I don't think he's going to get too far. His stamina is also untested. I don't think he's ever gone a full 10 rounds so I'm very curious too see how he can hold up in a 30 minute fight. I fully expect this fight with Ibragimov to go the distance. Dude's like 6'2" 240. That's a lot of weight to be carrying around especially for a boxer. The last thing that worries me is his lateral movement. You can tell this guy has a messed up knee. He doesn't move around the ring very well. It seems like he can only move in a straight line.

Comment

Working...
                X