Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Joshua Clottey is tailored made for Pac. Roach and Arum strike again.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jreckoning View Post
    He's fought over half his fight at jr middle and above and now he's a natural welter again.

um ok.

I don't think Williams will ever fight at 147 again, and if he does he'll regret it. 154 is a great division for him as long as he can make that weight comfortably. Some of his fans seem to forget that Williams turned down a chance to win Martinez's title at 154 because he didn't want to make that weight. And he can make 147 easily?

Comment

Clottey has good defense and he is very accurate puncher. Also, a better technical fighter than Cotto. (my opinion)

Comment

Originally posted by DiLLiNGER View Post
        yo SCUM shut the f up man,you know the TS is right,clottey vs pac is like mariah carey vs kimbo slice.
        So finally you're a true believer of Pacquiao's power. Is Pacquiao really too good for Clottey? Or Clottey is too weak for Pacquiao? make up your mind you Flip-Floppin *****.

Ey, I heard your boyfriend Floyd is fighting Matthew Hatton. It's like watching a catfight between Paris Hilton vs Miley Cyrus. One is attention-seeking princess, the other a talentless b!tch.

Comment

Originally posted by Adrian 28 View Post
          Roach will hype up Clottey as this beast who cant be stopped.

But they wont tell you:

Clottey is:

1. Average speed

he has decent speed, he has enough to execute his fight game and that is more than enough

2. Feather fisted

Clottey is a distance fighter but he is not feather fisted, he isn't a KO artist but he is a good accumulation puncher and he does his damage, he has a few KO's on his resume.

3. Has NO good wins.

he beat Shamone Alvarez and Richard Gutierrez (2 good undefeated prospects) Diego Corrales, Zab Judah and Jose Luis Cruz, that isn't bad at all, those are only the fights he won we ain't talking about the 3 he lost where he gave his 3 opponents HARD fights, he had Miguel Cotto in his hands and his ego took him over, he thought he had the fight won already and with Plastercheato BOTH his hands ****ed up on him after boxing plaster man's socks off for 6 rounds. the Bladomir loss was a joke but Joshua Clottey isn't..

4. Moves in straight Lines

depends on who you are, don't get me wrong I know he is an upright fighter with a Winky Wright type style but real talk he knows how to fight so it really isn't a problem how he moves as long as he lets his hands go, that is usually his problems he doesn't let his hands go but if he does he is a force who is VERY hard to hit

5. Flat footed

again it depends on who you are, he's not always like that, regardless though his flat foot tendency isn't a bad thing as long as he lets his hands go because quite frankly he has one of the best defenses in the Welterweight division, his ONLY problem in my eyes is him not letting his hands go and shelling up, which leads me to the next one..

6. Has NO Stamina

WHAT! how you figure! you trippin man his only losses came down to rounds he never been stopped, against Cotto he still had a lot of gas left he just didn't let his hands go but his stamina is good money, he is a distance fighter bro how can his stamina not be good?

7. VERY Low punch out-put

yet again depends against who, some guys he bangs out with and some he doesn't, he needs to just pick up his output against anyone regardless of their style, it seems as if he can't figure you out he will ball up, he needs to open up a bit more and be more aggressive knowing he can always depend on his defense

8. Stays in his shell too long

this is about the only thing we agree on but like I said above it depends against who because some guys he bangs out with it just depends who and if he can adapt, when he can't I notice he shells up but his only problem is he needs to release his hands regardless, he needs to take more chances in those close fights where he just shells his W away

EASY WIN FOR PAC.

Joshua Clottey is an easy win for NOBODY, remember I told you this he is not an easy win for no one, I am ****in hype about this fight man I can't wait. at 1st I couldn't fathom it, I didn't see the point there he should have just rematched Cotto if that was the case but when I stopped and thought about it I realized exactly who Clottey was, 1 TOUGH MU****A, this ain't gonna be easy work for Manny
          I am a firm believer that styles make fights, I can understand why Manny will be a favorite because style wise it's good for both, Manny throws a lot of punches but is weak to counter punches while Clottey is excellent in countering shots. believe me when I tell you it isn't easy work, I still have yet to make a prediction but honestly Joshua Clottey is easy work for no one trust me when I tell you he is tough as nails, guaranteed 12 round fight if he doesn't stop you..

by the way is the fight even signed yet? like is this a done deal that can't be back stepped on?

Comment

Originally posted by Adrian 28 View Post
            Exactly this fight is a joke........
            Floyd - Mathhew/Paulie isnt.

Comment

the mere fact most poster agree that Clottey pose a threat
              makes it enough to satisfy, Clottey is decent fighter.
              Manny beats Clottey, but not tailored made for Pacman.

Comment

u cant't ignore these facts about Clottey.

He has no stamina.

He doesn't give angles.

He comes straight foward.

He rarely punches.

He doesn't hit hard.

He doesn't move his head.

Pacman will beat him pretty easy.

Comment

Clottey has very, very fast hands. I don't know how people don't see this. Aside from Pacquiao, Floyd, and Berto, Clottey's got the fastest hands in the division IMO. And yes, I think that at this stage in his career, Shane has slower hands than Clottey.

I know people go crazy hearing me say that, but watch they're last fights each. It's fairly obvious.

Comment

Oh for Christ sake, who isn't tailor made for Pac? The guy's a top 5 welterweight. It's a perfectly legit fight. I can see Clottey giving him a tougher fight than Cotto did to be honest.

Comment

Working...
                    X