Originally posted by Left Hook Tua View Post
    sir 'enry knocked out ali!
    I think you mean he knocked him down.

Comment

So sad. R.I.P

Comment

Originally posted by Charmander View Post
        RIP.

You know what, it's the era for that generation to go very soon too. In the enxt 10 years Ali, Foreman, Frazier, Hopkins and Holyfield may go.
        LOL. Funny.

Comment

RIP.

lets not exaggerate his abilities, he wouldnt be a top ten crusierweight today.

Comment

Originally posted by Left Hook Tua View Post
            sir 'enry knocked out ali!
            I suggest that you learn a little boxing history. Cooper did NOT KO Ali, he knocked him down with a lovely left hook (his favourite punch) just before the bell. Ali stopped him in either the next rd or the one after. He fought Ali twice, was stopped twice, and neither fight went more than 4-6 rds.

Comment

Originally posted by pacquia0 View Post
              RIP.

lets not exaggerate his abilities, he wouldnt be a top ten crusierweight today.
              He might be a Top 100. His problem was that he was VERY prone to cuts, as he had paper thin skin and the bone formation of his eyebrows was too sharp. He lost many fights by beingstopped on cuts and you NEVER saw him, either winniing or losing without blood streaming down his face.

There was talk of him having his protruding bone planed smooth, but he never had it done.

Comment

ah thats terrible news. Enry had a unique standing in British boxing and was loved by pretty much everyone. He was a good egg. I remember being gutted for him when he had to sell his set of lonsdale belts. It must have hurt.

time to splash a bit of Brut 33 all over in his memory!

Comment

A real shame this, I remember watching the "facing ali" film and thinking Cooper looked in better health than a lot of those guy, just shows you can't take anything for granted.

Comment

Working...
                  X