No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Sauerland's Meyer Fuming Over Recent Povetkin Reports

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Sauerland's Meyer Fuming Over Recent Povetkin Reports

BoxingScene.com reached out to Chris Meyer, the General Manager for German promotional powerhouse Sauerland Event, to discuss the upcoming return of WBA "regular" heavyweight champion Alexander Povetkin. Meyer was fuming over several recent reports where Ivaylo Gotzev is named as the "adviser" to Povetkin.

Meyer tells BoxingScene that Gotzev is not involved with Povetkin and the boxer himself does not want to be represented by Gotzev.

There are ongoing talks for Povetkin (25-0, 17 KOs) to defend his title in the month of May, potentially on May 17th in Moscow, and potentially against Andrzej Wawrzyk (27-0, 13 KOs) of Poland.
    [Click Here To Read More]

So, supposedly, they will find an easier opponent for Povetkin as a final warm up for Wlad.

The Wlad fight needs to happen, so nobody wants to see Povetkin slipping at this stage...

Comment

Nice that Sauerland clears up the messy situation regarding Povetkin, but how about them finding him an opponent?

Comment

Originally posted by BattlingNelson View Post
        Nice that Sauerland clears up the messy situation regarding Povetkin, but how about them finding him an opponent?
        You think Povetkin will even fight somebody else before cashing out vs Wlad?

Comment

Originally posted by Weltschmerz View Post
          You think Povetkin will even fight somebody else before cashing out vs Wlad?
          I don't know, but he should!

Comment

Originally posted by BattlingNelson View Post
            I don't know, but he should!
            I keep wondering if he will ever face Wlad, to be honest...

Comment

Working...
            X