Collapse
No announcement yet.

Calzaghe against 2013's best

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ward-Calzaghe is the only close fight; it'd be a stinker, though.

Comment

Originally posted by yoz View Post
      Ward-Calzaghe is the only close fight; it'd be a stinker, though.
      I can't agree more, may be slightly better than Cal/Hop. One that would most definitely be entertaining would be Martinez v Joe. I'd pay to watch that!

Comment

id have calzaghe winning them all.

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

He beats them all except Ward thats a 50/50 imo

Comment

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
            I agree with everything that you said. Calzaghe gets underrated because he didn't really prove his skills against enough opponents, but all it really takes is his fights against Kessler and Hopkins[Two A class fighters, Hopkins being an A+, Kessler being A-] to see what Calzaghe is capable of.

2007 Hopkins was just as good, more or less, as the current Andre Ward. 2012 Ward vs 2007 Calzaghe would a close fight with lots of crying from the fanbase of the loser.
            capable of eating canvas, slapping at air and getting countered?

Comment

He beat them all. He crushes Froch and Ward the most just because he doesn't like them.

Comment

The unconquerable joe calzaghe obliterates them all he's knocked out more people then they fought. been in twice as many world title fights

The invincible Joe calzaghe is way more athletic

Faster in hand and foot speed

Better stamina

Physically strong

Agility (like watching a lightweight in a super middleweight's body)

Throws more punches

Can adapt under any circumstances

The impregnable Joe calzaghe has athletic gifts beyond compare

even today's unassailable 40 cal blows all their heads off easy work
                Last edited by jermainerambo; 01-10-2013, 06:50 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Prince_Pugilist View Post
                  An article by this title has appeared in Boxing Weekly, with Joe splashed across the cover. The five guys he is pitted against are:
                  1. Cleverly
                  2. Dawson
                  3. Froch
                  4. Martinez
                  5. Ward

Who do you think he beats/loses to?
                  Martinez would probably be the most interesting fight, but I think Joe would get the UD against every one of those fighters.

Comment

He wrecks all but Ward. However, while I used to think Ward destroys Joe, the longer I think about it, the harder time I have imagining Ward doing enough to complete with Joe's workrate. Like Hopkins, Ward gets the cleaner punches but loses on the scorecards due to Calzaghe's ridiculous output. Hard to believe I'm saying it, but it's really the most local conclusion. Just a bad matchup, stylistically.

Comment

should have made the votes multiple choice, he beats most of them, even ward. but you can never make a thread about him on here because bitter Hopkins fans who cry about him beating them. and they hate seeing a fighter of his skin color being undefeated.

Comment

Working...
                      X