No announcement yet.

Gamboa versus Uchiyama?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gamboa versus Uchiyama?

I ran into this post on another website. Does anyone know anything about this?:

I don't know if anyone has brought this up but following Takashi Uchiyama's most recent victory over Bryan Vasquez on New Year's Day Yuriorkis Gamboa who is the interim champ has been slated by the WBA as Uchiyama's mandatory whom he has to fight within 9 months.

Uchiyama is gonna throttle him

Gonna be a tough 5 rounds for Uchiyama, then KO Dynamite is putting Gamboa to sleep.

Comment

Won't happen....Gamboa will leave 130 for 135 in that time span, chasing that Broner fight.

Comment

Vazquez was the #1 contender Uchi beat him..... Gamboa holds the interim strap and is ranked #2 at the moment so it sounds legit except its up to the committee president how long Uchi has until he must face Gamboa

Per WBA rules given that Uchi is a "super champ" which by their rules he should be

Comment

Originally posted by MJ223 View Post
          Vazquez was the #1 contender Uchi beat him..... Gamboa holds the interim strap and is ranked #2 at the moment so it sounds legit except its up to the committee president how long Uchi has until he must face Gamboa

Per WBA rules given that Uchi is a "super champ" which by their rules he should be
          Nice. Thanks for the input. I'd like to see the fight materialize. No way Gamboa should ever face Broner without some build-up.

Comment

Please happen.

Comment

Originally posted by Japanese Boxing View Post
              Uchiyama is gonna throttle him

Gonna be a tough 5 rounds for Uchiyama, then KO Dynamite is putting Gamboa to sleep.
              I haven't seen Uchiyama fight. Is he that good or is this another of those nationalistic posts I always see on NSB?

Comment

Originally posted by Boxing Bob View Post
                I haven't seen Uchiyama fight. Is he that good or is this another of those nationalistic posts I always see on NSB?
                I'm not Japanese. Just a username I use because I love what's been building in Japan these last few years.

The guy has good footwork, always maintains his stance so guys are reaching, and he headhunts. He boxes and then turns the fights into trades and just messes guys up.

2012-12-31 Takashi Uchiyama vs Bryan Vasquez by ***********7

This is his latest fight. He has dynamite in his hands (no pun intended)

He looked like he was having an off night vs Farenas but it was the only time in his career where he's looked like that. So I'm just putting in the he didn't flip the switch that night. Just hope it doesn't happen again.
                Last edited by Japanese Boxing; 01-05-2013, 04:06 AM.

Comment

Uchiyama is a monster when he's on a good night. I reckon he'd have a great chance against Gamboa if he is on a good night..

Comment

Working...
                  X