No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Hatton Pleased To Secure Sergio Martinez For Murray

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Hatton Pleased To Secure Sergio Martinez For Murray

As previously reported last week, Martin Murray will fight Sergio Martinez for the WBC middleweight title in Argentina on April 27. The St Helens fighter has been rewarded for his win over Jorge Navarro last month when he won the WBA interim belt.

[Click Here To Read More]

Is this a joke? Does DiBella suck or what? Why the hell is Sergio not moving down to 154 and fighting some real people. Canelo, Cotto, Trout, Kirkland? ****

Comment

Originally posted by FidellyAgboli View Post
      Is this a joke? Does DiBella suck or what? Why the hell is Sergio not moving down to 154 and fighting some real people. Canelo, Cotto, Trout, Kirkland? ****
      Martinez is too big of a risk for Canelo, Cotto won't want another beating, Kirland lost against Molina. Trout would be an interesting fight at 154, but isn't a big draw so is it worth taking the risk?

Comment

I don't begrudge Sergio a showcase fight in Argentina, but at his age he doesn't want to mess around. He needs a big money fight or two, and then he should probably hang 'em up. Especially if his body is starting to show signs of breaking down.

Comment

He'll be 38 by fight time, he's just coming off some pretty hefty operations & a win over a man a couple of divisions bigger than him. He may only have a year or two left in the sport & he hasn't fought at home in 11 years. Add to that he hasn't made Light Middle in 4 years (again the last two points are by fight night).

I think we can allow him a fight at home against Murray (whom I'm not counting out).

Why don't the aforementioned fighters move up & fight him. Martinez had no qualms doing it against Pavlik. Martinez is rated above all of those guys. let them do the weight hopping.

Comment

Originally posted by FidellyAgboli
            Seriously? Martinez was calling out the names at 154 for ages and the silence was deafening. Cotto went and fought on Showtime because HBO wanted him to fight Sergio for ****s sake.

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

Isn't Murray the 160 lb WBA champion, undefeated champion?

You want him to move back down and fight "real" people? I thought he was picking on smaller guys by calling out dudes at 154? I thought he outgrew 154 and should in fact move up to 168 to prove he is a real man? Not saying you said all that in your post but what you are saying is along the same lines as other comments I have seen written about Martinez.

No matter who the dude fights or doesn't fight, he will catch heat from all angles. Martinez beats all the dudes in your list too by the way, imo.

Comment

Originally posted by paulf View Post
                Seriously? Martinez was calling out the names at 154 for ages and the silence was deafening. Cotto went and fought on Showtime because HBO wanted him to fight Sergio for ****s sake.

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android
                Great point

Comment

Hopefully, Murray makes this opportunity count and goes for the gusto. Barker had the right game-plan, but was a bit too defensive-minded. Macklin also had the right idea, but marks up easily and didn't have the endurance. Murray better be working on his jab and conditioning, cuz that's the only way he'll have a chance of winning, let alone leaving the ring on his own two.

Comment

would like to see martinez vs golovkin next year...hope that happens...

Comment

Working...
                    X