Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Any news on cottos next opponent or potential fight date?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any news on cottos next opponent or potential fight date?

Just curious if anyone has heard anything....

he will fight in December most likely against Canelo if he wins unless Manny decides to fight him for some reason

Comment

Originally posted by Phenom View Post
      he will fight in December most likely against Canelo if he wins unless Manny decides to fight him for some reason
      Has there been any discussion of this or is it just ur opinion on what u think might happen?

Comment

Cotto vs. Kirkland, Molina or Lara, I'd be happy with any of those.

Comment

Canelo is not fighting Miguel Cotto 3 months after fighting Victor Ortiz

Comment

Originally posted by nv__ View Post
            Has there been any discussion of this or is it just ur opinion on what u think might happen?
            that's Canelo team Calender they wanted to fight Kirkland in September and then Cotto in December so they could be ready for a Mayweather fight May 2013.

the only other fight more lucrative to Cotto would be a Pacquiao rematch and it seems pointless right now since he has no belts at 154

Comment

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
              Canelo is not fighting Miguel Cotto 3 months after fighting Victor Ortiz
              that's what Richard Schaefer said on Fight game Septemeber 15 against Kirkland and December in MSG against Cotto I don't know if Ortiz changes the plan but Kirkland is no tune up either

Comment

that's what Richard Schaefer said on Fight game Septemeber 15 against Kirkland and December in MSG against Cotto I don't know if Ortiz changes the plan but Kirkland is no tune up either
                Fighting Mosley and Ortiz 3 months apart is realistic, cause Mosley wasn't much at this point. But fighting Mosley, Ortiz, and Cotto in a 9 month period, and actually pulling off the win in each fight...I don't know who would hate on Canelo. They have to be the biggest hater on Earth to hate him after that. Cause Ortiz+Cotto back to back is already a pretty tough line up of B, C fighters. But to fight them 3 months apart?

Comment

Wouldn't matter who it is, that was just an answer to appease the Canelo-Cotto demand.

I bet Cotto takes the rest of the year off and fights Canelo in May at the MGM Grand(Assuming Mayweather doesn't fight and Canelo beats Ortiz)

Comment

I respect everyones comments but im lookin for a more definitive answer...i understand there was some talk about canelo but im not sure how much weight that holds.

Comment

Working...
                    X