Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Power-wise, is Pacquaio in for a rude awakening against Bradley?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Power-wise, is Pacquaio in for a rude awakening against Bradley?

I'm not saying Pac will lose. But I do think Roach and Pac are making a big mistake underrating Bradley's power, which could inhibit their chances of winning big, winning at all even.

It's the same approach Roach took towards Khan fighting Peterson, what backed up Khan more than anything is Peterson's power.

I hate using theories such as this, but I looked at all the people that knocked down Peterson - one of them was Ortiz, Khan's was a trip, BUT Bradley was able to knock him down as well as finish the job proper. If that doesn't tell you anything about the strength, power and intangibility of Bradley then I don't how I could add anything more to that.

Also, most of the knockouts and knockdowns Bradley has racked up were punches thrown that the opponents didn't see. These are the worst kind in my opinion. And with Bradley's awkwards style and timing verses Pacquaio's this could be a closer fight then what's been expected. I'm expecting a lot of fireworks. Bradley's going to leave it all in the ring no matter what.

How is the Pacquaio camp going to tackle Bradley making adjustments?

I think Bradley is the most underrated fighter in the power department,although not a bunch of knockouts,dude has floored a bunch of opponents..Not to mention look at who this guy has been fighting the past three to four yrs,some pretty good fighters..I'm sorry,but if Roach or Pac is sleeping on Bradley's power they will be in for an unpleasant surprise...
    Last edited by Rome-By-Ko; 03-13-2012, 07:19 PM.

Comment

people who thing he cant punch by looking at his ko ratio are blind..he can crack

Comment

I think he has enough to keep pac honest and respectful of Bradley

Comment

Almost every single person on this site underrates Bradley's power. I've never seen him in a fight where he didn't hurt or drop his opponent.

Comment

Think I'm back on the bandwagon. He pissed me off over the Khan scenario. But boxing's a business as well I suppose. And these fighters have got to do what's right for them. Bradley wouldn't have got the opportunity to fight Pac otherwise. Also, it's given Peterson a chance to shine too.

Bradley's a beast. And is going to come with his punisher cap on. Pac better watch out. If he thinks this is gonna be an easy fight, he better watch out. If Pac comes in with one gameplan, then this fight will be as tough as nails for him.

Comment

I am sure it doesn't feel good to be hit by him, and can get dudes respect but dude doesn't have any real thunder in those gloves.

It is always a mistake to go into a fight thinking oh this guy can't hurt me because really anybody in the right circumstance can get hurt by anyone.

Comment

Originally posted by Discipline View Post
                Think I'm back on the bandwagon. He pissed me off over the Khan scenario. But boxing's a business as well I suppose. And these fighters have got to do what's right for them. Bradley wouldn't have got the opportunity to fight Pac otherwise. Also, it's given Peterson a chance to shine too.

Bradley's a beast. And is going to come with his punisher cap on. Pac better watch out. If he thinks this is gonna be an easy fight, he better watch out. If Pac comes in with one gameplan, then this fight will be as tough as nails for him.
                I'm still mad as hell that Bradley ducked Khan, but it was a duck that worked. He risked his reputation to get this fight, so he better damn well give it everything he has when that bell rings.

Comment

Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
                  I'm still mad as hell that Bradley ducked Khan, but it was a duck that worked. He risked his reputation to get this fight, so he better damn well give it everything he has when that bell rings.
                  Yep, I was mad too, because I was a big fan previously. And pipped him to beat Khan too in Jan 2011. No one believe back then though:

Originally posted by Walterson View Post
                  It seems a lot of people expect Khan to defeat Bradley, easily. Which, I find hilarious considering the fact that styles make fights. Timothy never looks good against southpaws, every orthodox boxer doesn't, in fact tell me when you've seen Khan fight a southpaw? Other than in sparring. Bradley thrives against orthodox opponents, that in which Khan is.

I think Bradley will defeat Khan and it is all based on the intangibles.

Khan's strongsuit over his last five fights, have been to throw punches in bunches, to overwhelm the opponent, and effectively make them quit or lead to an eventual knockout. At 140, he doesn't have that one punch knock out power, but he throws hurtful punches.

Bradley is one of the most elusive targets at 140. His head and foot movement is on par with some of the best, which will discourage Khan, and lead to a fall in his punch output. Bradley, is also a master at taking away his opponent's jab, something which we saw last night - Alexander's jab was no way near apparent as it was when he fought Kotelnik.

Khan is a come forward fighter. He struggles to fight on the backfoot and against the ropes. Bradley proved last night, and in his last 5 fights, that he can box yet also play the part of an aggressive fighter. He will be placing Khan on the back foot all night, making it difficult for Amir to get his punches off ...

Khan's defence at times can be abysmal. If Maidana was having some relative success with his slow-ass punchers, then Bradley's right, hooks and body punches will be landing, at will and all night. The overhand right will also be making a solid appearance.

Khan's chin is still suspect; even though he was able to make it past Maidana. Bradley is an underrated puncher. Last night, he made Alexander QUIT due to his hurtful punches, hooks and rights. There were times when Alexander was wincing in pain from the body punches, and those rights were tilting his head back. This is something we never saw Kotelnik do, which could mean in a way that Bradley punches harder. Didn't Kotelnik have Khan on the backfoot? Maybe that's something to think about.

Last night, Alexander spoilt the fight by holding. But be honest this took away one of Bradley's best attributes - inside fighting. Khan does not do well on the inside, nor is he a hugger or holder. Bradley will dismantle Khan from the inside.

Bradley's pull counter is one of the best in the game. Khan has yet to see one of these, and when it lands you'll be awfully surprised.

Ariza got Khan through his fight with Maidana; Ariza should be credited for that win, and helping him get through the 10th round on his feet. Now without one of the best strength and conditioning coachs' in the picture, how will this effect his performance in the upcoming fight?

Joel Diaz is also an underated trainer, his game plans have been on point ever since he started working with Bradley, and his corner advice is brilliant (something that Freddie Roach lacks in).

Lastly, a lot of people liken Bradley to Holyfield. Whereas, I see him as more towards Hopkins. Look at his last fights, he consistently takes away his opponent best weapon(s) plus he's a very smart fighter, and we all know about smart fighters don't we.

Bradley wins this, and I'll be surprised if it even comes close.

--------------------------------------

The opening round of Malinaggi vs Khan pretty much sums up how this fight will go.

The only difference is, Bradley will be landing hurtful punches and be aggressive consistently for 12 rounds.
                  - http://www.boxingscene.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=457391

It's also funny that my same strategy was the one Peterson used to beat Khan. Damn I'm good

I'm gonna watch Pacquaio and Bradley's recent fights b2b over the weekend to come up with a definitive prediction for their fight.

Comment

at 5-1, I just may lay a bet on Bradley.

Comment

Working...
                    X