No announcement yet.

Kessler/Sauerland Deal Puts Showtime Tourney in Place

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kessler/Sauerland Deal Puts Showtime Tourney in Place

With the recent announcement that WBA super middleweight champion Mikkel Kessler has signed with German-based Suaerland Event, the proposed super middleweight tournament by Showtime is finally in place. [details]

That is so ****ing ill. So happy to hear that, I really think Kessler is the goods. Can't wait to see if I'm right.

Comment

Amazing tournament and amazing woman^.

Look for Froch to go 3-0 and then make devastating work of the two finalists.

Comment

this is going to be amazing!
        So happy that Kessler's promotional problems have been sorted out.

This is the kind of thing boxing has needed for years, for each fight they should try do a mini 24/7 build it up even more.

Comment

The super middle weight division has bored the **** out of me because the best fighters haven't been fighting each other (besides recently Taylor/Froch).

This tournament is the best thing to happen to the division in a long time and I'll watch every single one of these fights.

Comment

As much as I've clowned Kessler in recent years I'm really happy to hear this. He is still a relatively young champion and is now poised to carve out his own legacy. I suspect that he's very, very hungry. One tune-up is all he needs; I'm very excited to see him paired against the rest of the division's best.

Comment

Soooooo DOPE!

Comment

Can't wait for this tournament!

Comment

This tournament is going to be SO epic. I'm talkin' like 'Beowulf' epic.

Comment

this tournament is going to be amazing. if nothing else happens we'll still have a great 2010.

hopefully it might set a precedent too

Comment

Working...
                    X