Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What's the better fight amir khan vs lamont cheaterson or amir khan vs joesito lopez

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A Peterson rematch win would be better for Khan's mental game, but I'd prefer to see Lopez get the money and a chance for another upset.

I think Peterson loses in a second bout away from home with proper judges and refs - not that Khan put on a clinic in their last bout, but I do think he edged out the victory and his slight improvements might help him cope with Peterson's pressure(ever so slightly!).

Despite breaking Ortiz's jaw, I don't think Lopez is a big enough puncher to trouble Khan. That seemed to result from an accumulation of damage/Ortiz leaving his mouth open. I'd predict a 12 round decision for Khan there (based on speed and just "looking" better), but a pretty good fight and performance from Lopez.

Comment

To be honest either fight would be good for him, Peterson would be a moral victory and we know Lemont will try to make Khan brawl, so here would be a chance for Khan to showcase if he has learned anything

Lopez is a more dangerous fight, but if Khan were to beat him, it would be a great confidence boaster leading to a rematch with Garcia

Comment

I would like both these fights to happen in 2013. If khan beats both fighters bring on the rematch with Garcia. I am saying he would win but he was beating Garcia till he got caught with that left hook. Take away Garcia's left hook and if Amir fights smart he wins the rematch.

Comment

Lamont Cheaterson won the idiot of the year award as stated by "NATAS" and I tend to agree. He doesn't deserve another payday. I like Khan-Lopez a lot. They both have a chance.

Comment

Peterson is a tough fight for Khan right now. It is a more winable fight than Garcia but a very dangerous one. From the fan's point of view it is a great fight but if Khan were to lose again he is going to have a hard job being taken seriously again.

Comment

Lopez is a lame fight, i havent watched him a lot but if canelo picked to fight him he must be a complete bum

Comment

Originally posted by elgranluchadore View Post
                Lopez is a lame fight, i havent watched him a lot but if canelo picked to fight him he must be a complete bum
                Bingo. You must not have seen his fights with Ortiz and Canelo. The kid can bang. He landed some pretty big shots on Canelo despite it being a huge mismatch. Khan vs Lopez would be an amazing fight.

Comment

Peterson is better, cheating in the Khan fight or not. I'd rather see that fight.

Comment

I would want to see Peterson rematch..That was a great fight,the Lopez fight holds my interest because it's new...But if I had to choose I would pick Khan vs Peterson...

Comment

Originally posted by happyman View Post
                      Bingo. You must not have seen his fights with Ortiz and Canelo. The kid can bang. He landed some pretty big shots on Canelo despite it being a huge mismatch. Khan vs Lopez would be an amazing fight.
                      Khan lopez all the way. IBF is a joke for giving him his belt back. Khan won that fight anyways even with the PED scandal, not to mention reffing and hometown judging.

Anyways Lopez is not to be taking lightly, he isn't big enough to be a true welterweight even though he owned Ortiz. Lopez is no joke though. this would be a serious test.

Comment

Working...
                      X