James Page Comeback

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by totalstranga View Post
    I HAD, however, forgotten about Andrew Lewis until I read that post ^
    I'll never forget Andrew Lewis and his crappy performance against Denny Dalton.

Comment

I will be at the James Page comeback fight tonight. I have written two stories for a newspaper in Martinez, which is a bordering town to Page's home of Pittsburg, Calif.

You can read the first one from a month ago here: tinyurl.com/PageMNG and the update to that story here: tinyurl.com/MNGPage.

If he wins tonight, I will have 1600 words in the next issue of Boxing Monthly on Page's comeback. While there are many reasons to doubt a guy coming back at 41 years old after such a long layoff, I am a bit more optimistic given that he was sparring with Omar Henry and Alfredo Angulo. Henry has positive things to say, he is quoted in the first story; as well, Angulo's new trainer Virgil Hunter had positive words after their sparring session despite being dismissive of Page when his comeback was first announced.

I was also told by Gary Shaw's matchmaker that should Page win tonight, they'd be interested in putting him on a show and setting him up for a fight with former Andre Berto victim Freddy Hernandez.

Comment

Mr Ortega tweeted

Rahman Yusubov TKO2 James Page, had him hurt continuously with hooks, sent him down harshly into the bottom rope. Ref called it off

I've had a few chats with Mark before & he knows his stuff. Will be interesting to follow his writing career.

Comment

Too bad but I bet Page knew the risk of coming back. And if there is one thing we should know, They always come back!

Comment

Rahman Yusubov TKO2 James Page, had him hurt continuously with hooks, sent him down harshly into the bottom rope. Ref called it off

Highly un-shocking.

Comment

Working...
            X