Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Would Mayweather have fought Berto if he had beaten Ortiz?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Would Mayweather have fought Berto if he had beaten Ortiz?

If Berto had defeated Ortiz would Floyd have fought Andre instead of Victor?

I think the general consensus was floyd was there to scout Berto. Ortiz ended up winning, therefor he fought him. I have a feeling Floyd bet money on a berto win too, as he didn't post his usual bragging tickets immediately after via twitter. Not many people thought Ortiz would win that fight.

Comment

Well apparently that was the plan... Ortiz ruined it

Comment

I agree... doesn't matter in the end though as I bet he would have beaten Berto as well.

Comment

yeah thats a safe bet... i think a berto fight wouldve been better though.

Comment

Originally posted by nwo riggs View Post
            yeah thats a safe bet... i think a berto fight wouldve been better though.
            Maybe no headbutt.....or early "stoppage"

Comment

of course he would have. Collazo outboxed Berto for christ sakes!

Comment

That was the plan going in to that fight. It was supposed to be the battle of undefeated fighters and I think that fight will still happen if Berto can beat Ortiz in a rematch.

Comment

I don't think so. Ortiz has been promoted very well throughout his career while Berto doesn't draw flies in his hometown. There is no way Floyd would have done 1.25million buys fighting Berto

Comment

Working...
                  X